Annihilating Zuchini

Termyn8or

Local time
8:29 PM
I can't stand it any way I ever had it. So, I see I must adjust the world. No problem.

Now, for one it can be grated. Then once grated it can be fried. Or it can become something else. Like an additive in another dish, not that I would eat it.

I think part of the problem with me is its inherent sweetness. Well if I grate it and soak it in salt water for a bit that should fix it up. Zuchini is rich in manganese, so if you are low on that maybe you need this. Frying does not remove minerals per se. Only in the moisture in there coming out in bubbles.

So do I emaciate its flavor completely, or partially ?

Got a whole roll of pennies here...

T

Zucchini and other summer squash are all low on flavor. Very mild. They are great for frying, stuffing, using as a replacement for pasta in a Lasagna. Summer squash absorb the flavor of the cooking medium. Cube, toss with EVOO, salt, pepper and whatever seasonings you like, a bit of butter. Cover and cook in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Slice thin length wise. Toss with EVOO, salt and pepper. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Cook @ 375 F until tender. Zucchini Bread. Zucchini Pickles.
Use you wonderful cooking instincts. When Zucchini produces it appears to be a monster. Neighbors have left bags of Zucchini at my door.
You can always donate excess produce to a local kitchen.
Homeless people are not picky. They will appreciate fresh produce.

Back
Top Bottom