Another Mixer.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
12:09 PM

Bought this Globe mixer used from Ebay for a real cheap price. It works very well with all 3 speeds. The only thing is, that I have to buy the accessories for it, such as the flat beater, (which I already have) wire whip, dough hook & bowl, as well as the splash guard, which I started doing already. That is the catch at Ebay. You get stuck with buying the bowl & beaters yourself!! New, this machine costs over $1,000 dollars though!! This is the last one that I'll get.

I've always wanted this model because it is stronger & more powerful! The top has to be cleaned & spot painted. But this machine is a beast!! It is commercially rated like the N50 mixer, the induction motor is a monster at 1/4hp & it uses a massive 8-qt bowl like the KA Commercial! The thing weighs a ton (61lbs)!! I'll have to get a stand for it. But it's one that I've always wanted!! :wink:

Last edited:
Methinks Shermie needs to visit the hoarding thread! 😉😇
I'm just waiting for a picture of the top and one of the bottom! 🙃

Seriously, though, having commercial-grade appliances like that in a home kitchen can be a big help. I recently replaced my 25+ year-old super heavy duty food processor with a highly-rated KA one, and frankly, it's a piece of crap compared to my old one.

Methinks Shermie needs to visit the hoarding thread! 😉😇

I'm not a hoarder. most of those mixers are put away in one of the closets. Having a heavy duty commercial mixer like this one means that you never have to worry about it breaking down in the middle of use. :wink:

Last edited:
I'm not a hoarder. most of those mixers are put away in one or the closets. Having a heavy duty commercial mixer like this one means that you never have to worry about it breaking down in the middle of use. :wink:

You sure must do some baking. I have a hand two prong type, worth about $20 , I've used it maybe twice in 5 years. For making pavs.

Russ

For years, I was buying cheap 2-beater mixers that lasted only about six months. They kept breaking down. I got so tired of that! I've always wanted a commercial machine with powerful inner workings. The two KA mixers I had had nylon plastic gears. The gears in these machines are pure metal!! The other ones still work as well.

I have the Sp05 & the SP 08. They are both commercial machines made by Globe. The SP05 has a 800-watt motor & the SP 08's motor is rated at 1/4hp. The two most powerful machines I own!

Last edited:
For years, I was buying cheap 2-beater mixers that lasted only about six months. They kept breaking down. I got so tired of that! I've always wanted a commercial machine with powerful inner workings. The two KA mixers I had had nylon plastic gears. The gears in these machines are pure metal!! The other ones still work as well.

I have the Sp05 & the SP 08. They are both commercial machines made by Globe. The SP05 has a 800-watt motor & the SP 08's motor is rated at 1/4hp. The two most powerful machines I own!View attachment 38581
View attachment 38582

Where's the one you painted?

Russ

Received the 8-qt bowl, splash gard & flat beater for the mixer today. the only things left to get are the wire whip & the dough hook.:wink:

Last edited:
Just ordered the wire whip & the dough hook for the mixer. That completes the accessories for it. :wink:

Here they are. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom