Recipe Antipasto Skewers

mjd

Veteran
Local time
8:38 AM
I love antipasto in any form. This is a fun and pretty idea!

Antipasto Skewers

Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Servings: Yield 20 skewers
Source: Antipasto Skewers - An Easy Antipasto Skewer Appetizer Recipe

INGREDIENTS

20 long wooden skewers

(1) 9 ounce package cheese tortellini

1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing

1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce (optional, but it adds a nice kick)

40 olives (I used Kalamata but any kind you enjoy will work)

40 grape tomatoes

40 thin slices Genoa salami

20 baby mozzarella balls

40 pieces basil, torn

20 pieces chopped artichoke hearts

DIRECTIONS

Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and quickly rinse in cold water. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the tortellini with salad dressing and hot sauce, seal the bag, and turn it around a few times to coat; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 4 hours.

When ready to assemble, drain and discard any remaining marinade.

For each skewer, I threaded an olive, tomato, basil, tortellini, basil, folded salami slice, mozzarella ball, tortellini, basil, folded salami piece, artichoke heart, tomato, olive. You can switch up the arrangement if you like, but I find this order is visually appealing and delicious.

I've made these before, it sounds like the exact same recipe.

I love antipasto in any form. This is a fun and pretty idea!

Antipasto Skewers

Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Servings: Yield 20 skewers

INGREDIENTS

20 long wooden skewers

(1) 9 ounce package cheese tortellini

1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing

1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce (optional, but it adds a nice kick)

40 olives (I used Kalamata but any kind you enjoy will work)

40 grape tomatoes

40 thin slices Genoa salami

20 baby mozzarella balls

40 pieces basil, torn

20 pieces chopped artichoke hearts

DIRECTIONS

Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and quickly rinse in cold water. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the tortellini with salad dressing and hot sauce, seal the bag, and turn it around a few times to coat; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 4 hours.

When ready to assemble, drain and discard any remaining marinade.

For each skewer, I threaded an olive, tomato, basil, tortellini, basil, folded salami slice, mozzarella ball, tortellini, basil, folded salami piece, artichoke heart, tomato, olive. You can switch up the arrangement if you like, but I find this order is visually appealing and delicious.

Interesting!
I sometimes fry tortellini and make Tortellini skewers or simple finger-food as they use in Bologna.
Just dip them in beaten eggs, then breadcrumbs, fry and ready :)
Oh, I’ve just had my brekky and I’m already craving for them...

Reactions: mjd
Just how much do antipastos, chef salads and cobb salads differ from each other?

Just how much do antipastos, chef salads and cobb salads differ from each other?
I know there are differing definitions around the country and the world, but here, a chef salad features deli meat (ham and turkey, usually) and boiled egg and usually comes standard with a creamy dressing, like ranch; antipasto would have more "Italian" things, like salami and artichokes and little Italian peppers, tossed in an Italian-style vinaigrette; Cobb salad seems to always feature avocado, which is why I've never had one. 😬

Unless I'm misunderstanding this recipe uses cold (cooked) tortellini on a skewer. I'm not really sure about that.... :scratchhead:

TR,... no avocado??? (PS, you can always kick that to the side... or give it to me if I'm actually present...)
I know there are differing definitions around the country and the world, but here, a chef salad features deli meat (ham and turkey, usually) and boiled egg and usually comes standard with a creamy dressing, like ranch; antipasto would have more "Italian" things, like salami and artichokes and little Italian peppers, tossed in an Italian-style vinaigrette; Cobb salad seems to always feature avocado, which is why I've never had one. 😬

Unless I'm misunderstanding this recipe uses cold (cooked) tortellini on a skewer. I'm not really sure about that.... :scratchhead:
The recipe I made was like that. Not really a problem, though it's more room temp than cold, once it's sat out a bit.

I remember that it tastes fine, but there was so much on a single skewer, it didn't take long to feel like you'd just eaten a big meal.

TastyReuben

This post is just for you!

full.jpg

I'm going to make some guacamole out of one of these. I like avocado.

Howz that song go?

I gotta little song I wrote today.
And I like to sing it note for note.
Don't worry. Be happy.

Back
Top Bottom