Any Cornbread experts out there?

Matilda

Local time
5:29 PM
I'm interested in Cornbread. My usual recipe uses buttermilk and creamed corn. I have seen recipes using sour cream. I was wondering if its possible to use a chip dip In place of sour cream? I have a lot of leftovers from a recent party.

I only made cornbread once and it wasn't a huge success! But I reckon there are folk here who will be able to help. I guess a 'chip dip' is a creamy dip for chips (crisps in UK)? What are the ingredients in the chip dip?

Is it a sour cream based dip? If so, I don't see why not unless it's some really funky flavor. Something like French onion dip might be pretty good.

Okay, I guess @Matilda was posting at same time I was. I don't see why that wouldn't work. We usually buy Dean's dip, but I think we've bought that product before and, if I remember correctly, they have about the same consistency. Obviously, I wouldn't make a whole lot of cornbread the first time or experiment on company.

Their web site has some recipes you might want to check out to give you some ideas other than cornbread.

https://heluvagood.com/recipes

image.jpg

Is that Martha White? Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt did a jingle about Martha White's self rising flour. They were a well known Blue Grass duo.

Don't know if I can add anything to this thread … but I made some cornbread a couple of hours ago. I first ate cornbread in Georgia in the 1980s but it's taken me the best part of 30 years to knock-up a simple, workable recipe. I don't use sour cream or buttermilk either. Not sure they're necessary? I have had great pleasure in introducing my French neighbours to the delights of cornbread (it took them a while, they thought it was a cake to start with). Anyway I'd be happy to share my recipe and a photo or two on here, if there's any interest?

Don't know if I can add anything to this thread … but I made some cornbread a couple of hours ago. I first ate cornbread in Georgia in the 1980s but it's taken me the best part of 30 years to knock-up a simple, workable recipe. I don't use sour cream or buttermilk either. Not sure they're necessary? I have had great pleasure in introducing my French neighbours to the delights of cornbread (it took them a while, they thought it was a cake to start with). Anyway I'd be happy to share my recipe and a photo or two on here, if there's any interest?

Absolutely yes! We are always interested in recipes - just post as a new thread in this section and use the Prefix 'Recipe' (drop down box next to the title field). We ask all recipes to be posted as new threads because that makes them searchable.

Back
Top Bottom