Any fans of ice cream (fruit) salads?

HornedDemoN

Veteran
Local time
12:38 AM
I absolutely loved eating these as a kid when I went out to a restaurant with my parents. I'd always get some of it over my clothes, but oh well. Ice cream salads are awesome, but just incredibly hard to eat... Funny enough, they used to call them "fruit salads" here, perhaps because the majority of the content was fruit and the ice cream was sort of "in the background".

This is what I'm talking about:
Fruit-salad-a-364x245.jpg

I just love to have fruit salad in my ice cream. However, here where I live, we do not call it ice cream fruit salad. The fruit salad is mixed in with the ice cream, but the ice cream is usually more than the fruit salad. So, it is usually ice cream with a little fruit salad added in. This is a popular kind of dessert here. The fruit tends to soften the sweetness of the ice cream too, giving the dessert just the righ amount of sweetness.

I am a fan of most any thing that has the word ice cream attached to it, but I am a fan from the sidelines. I need to drop some pounds so keeping a safe distance is best for me. This looks so good.All it needs is some :cake:.

Classical ones like pear belle Helene or peach Melba are great or modern classics banana split or knicker bocker glory are all favouritesv

I love making my own assorted fresh fruit salad of (apple, grapes, kiwi, strawberry, peaches, melon, pear and pineapple) with whipping cream and condensed milk. These fruits are always in season here in our place that is why we always had this kind of dessert at home. Maybe I will try this one putting some ice cream in my fruit salad for a more delicious taste!

What a coincidence. I am eating ice cream right now and on the table is the set of fruit cocktail, canned grapes and a bottle of sugar palm for draining. We're going to make fruit salad today. Guess why? We are going on an overnight trip to a mountain resort tomorrow to celebrate the 8th birthday of Tisoy. Our fruit salad is different because we also mix some nuts, can be almond or cashew. And by the way, Tisoy who? Well, he is our 8th year-old dog.

Back
Top Bottom