Any idea for fresh date palm?

Unprofessional Cooker

Local time
2:09 PM
1591933561970.png

I got this from my mom yesterday and I have no Idea what should I do, I try in fresh bite but not really like the taste it too dry. I use to eat when it dried but not like this.

I've never come across them in their fresh state. It seems from what I read that they can vary in taste from super sweet to rather bland - does your taste sweet?

I found this, which may be of some use:

Before any type of preparation, though, you first need to remove the pits. Simply slice the date lengthwise and the pit will easily pop out. Fresh dates can be sliced in half and placed on top of toast that has been spread with honeyed ricotta cheese, or the fruit can be chopped up and sprinkled over ice cream. You can also serve them pitted and stuffed with blue cheese as a simple appetizer, or as part of a tagine, the Moroccan slow-cooked stew.

If yours aren't pleasant to eat raw, you could try simmering them in some syrup (I mean sugar and water) until softened and then remove the stones. I think that is what I would do if they didn't taste good raw, simply to see if that made them more edible.

I've never come across them in their fresh state. It seems from what I read that they can vary in taste from super sweet to rather bland - does your taste sweet?

I found this, which may be of some use:

If yours aren't pleasant to eat raw, you could try simmering them in some syrup (I mean sugar and water) until softened and then remove the stones. I think that is what I would do if they didn't taste good raw, simply to see if that made them more edible.
I do taste some sweet but not really friendly one, simmering with syrup that sounds interesting. I will try!

Back
Top Bottom