Anybody else go cinnamon crazy this time of year? Recipes?

b-rod

Veteran
Local time
11:50 AM
I love the increase of cinnamon in the fall. I put it in everything from my coffee to my oatmeal. Do any of you have any fun, yummy recipes with cinnamon? I like making banana 'ice cream' and sprinkling cinnamon over it and tossing in some mini chocolate chips. Yum!

I don't really know any cinnamon recipes but I do go crazy for cinnamon around this time. It just reminds me of Autumn and winter and snuggling up on the couch watching one of my favourite TV shows.

I absolutely love cinnamon on my porridge and I have this nearly every morning when it's starts getting colder outside.

I don't really know any cinnamon recipes but I do go crazy for cinnamon around this time. It just reminds me of Autumn and winter and snuggling up on the couch watching one of my favourite TV shows.

I absolutely love cinnamon on my porridge and I have this nearly every morning when it's starts getting colder outside.

I like adding cinnamon to by vanilla or berry flavored porridge, as porridge is normally quite bland and cinnamon gives it a little bit of extra flavor. I just had a random thought, wonder what cinnamon pancakes would taste like?

I enjoy adding cinnamon to my dishes all year around. I love adding cinnamon to my chia tea latte. It seems like a warm cup of a holiday dinner.

This thread reminded me a TV show episode that featured a cinnamon pie. I completely forgot about it. I'm off to find a recipe. It would be a nice change of pass for a holiday dessert.

Oh gosh... I can't really handle too much cinnamon and my mother absolutely HATES the smell of cinnamon, so it's used rarely in the house. When it is used, it's only for baking like making snickerdoodles, cinnamon rolls, or other pastry-like items and very sparingly used at that.

I love cinnamon! I like to add it to my green tea in the evening to enhance the flavor. I also like to add it to my oatmeal for breakfast. I love adding it to my apple cider as well. Snickerdoodles, cinnamon rolls, and coffee cakes are all fun items I enjoy making for my family. It makes the house smell wonderful while I'm baking them! I also have apple cinnamon scented candles in the house. I like to light them all year round and not just during the holidays. For me, cinnamon offers such a "home" feeling and smell.

Not the biggest fan of cinnamon. However yesterday I was introduced to cinnamon whiskey which was... an interesting experience.

They said that cinnamon had some health benefits that is why sometimes i used it in some of my recipes. I baked apple with butter, a dash of brown sugar and then sprinkle it with cinnamon, It is simple but it taste good. And also when I am drinking hot chocolate I sprinkle it with a little bit of cinnamon and it gives a different tastier flavor to it.

Back
Top Bottom