Anybody Know any Fine Dining Recipes?

Akiyama

Veteran
Local time
3:56 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried making any meals that would be considered "Five-Star" meals.

If so, what are your favorite recipes?

If I'm cooking something fancy, I'll keep it simple, but maybe make a separate sauce that people can use or not, as they wish. The first time I cooked veal, I just seasoned it with salt and pepper, pan fried it, and made a separate white wine sauce. When you're using expensive ingredients, let the flavours speak for themselves, rather than starting a taste war by using too many ingredients. That's the main thing I've learned from living - and cooking - in Spain. In fact, that works across the board of ingredients. For the best end results, keep it simple.

Chicken Marsala is surprisingly easy to make, and looks rather fancy. The key is to have everything prepped and ready to go, because it all comes together quickly. Also, try and get 6 oz chicken breasts that can be pounded flat more easily.

1. The prep - Season some flour in a bowl with salt and pepper, slice some mushrooms, chop some fresh parsley, dice some shallots. Pound the chicken breasts flat so they are about 1/4" thick. Have a clean plate ready to temporarily hold the cooked chicken. Keep a little extra flour on hand. Have your Marsala wine open and ready to go.

2. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour. Add some olive oil to a large pan and let it get hot, then add the chicken. Brown the chicken on both sides - don't worry if it's not completely cooked through, we'll finish it in the sauce at the end. Remove the chicken to a clean plate.

3. Add the shallots and mushrooms to the pan along with a little butter and saute them until the mushrooms are golden. Add the Marsala wine to the pan and sprinkle a little plain flour in to help thicken the sauce. Once it's all incorporated, add the chicken back to the pan and let everything simmer until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. During the last minute or so, add the fresh parsley. That's it!

If you are using unsalted butter and regular Marsala wine, you will need to add a little more salt. However, if you are using salted butter and cooking Marsala wine, you don't need to worry about salting it at all. The regular Marsala wine can be rather sweet, so I kind of don't mind using the cooking wine version of it to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom