Anyone a fan of Guiness?

Enimrac

Veteran
Local time
10:05 AM
Is anyone here a fan of Guiness beer? Do you prefer drinking it draft style, or out of a bottle or can? I hear that you are 'supposed' to drink Guiness draft style only, and not out of a can. Why is this? I have Guiness out of a bottle all the time, and I don't taste any difference from when i drink it draft style at a bar, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, what are your guys' thoughts?

I have had it both ways and honestly I really can't tell the difference between having it in a can or bottle. On tap I find it doesn't quite taste the same but I think that about most beer that I have ever had on tap.

When I used to drink it, before I established it is not even vegetarian (due to being filtered through isinglass), I could easily tell the difference between draft Guinness and bottled/canned Guinness but only when we went to Ireland where the draft Guinness was definitely different and much nicer!

It's OK, but I find there are much better porter/stout beers available these days.

The bottled Guinness "Foreign Extra Stout" which is very popular in Africa is a much better drink than regular Guinness.

Ah Guinness...all of my friends hate it but it was one of the first beers that I actually liked. I don't drink it off but when I do, it's usually draft. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever had it out of a can or bottle.

I quite like Guinness but as has already been mentioned above, there are a lot of better stouts and porters out there.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn's point about it tasting different in Ireland used to be true but they closed their brewery in London and now supply the UK market from Dublin, so it is now all the better version over here.

I quite like Guinness but as has already been mentioned above, there are a lot of better stouts and porters out there.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn's point about it tasting different in Ireland used to be true but they closed their brewery in London and now supply the UK market from Dublin, so it is now all the better version over here.
I didn't know that, but I have to say I prefer the Orkney Ales over Guinness. Sadly I can only get them when we are up in Scotland, so the car usually rattles on the way home!

Back
Top Bottom