Anyone else watching the Americas cup yacht racing?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:37 AM
It's absolutely amazing how these boats get up,on their foils, nz hold the cup hence the challenge is here, the Brits are travelling well along with Italy prada yacht. America is gone from what I've seen, their skipper is a kiwi dean barker who jumped ship. No one I know likes him now. If you get a chance have a look, it's amazing.

Russ

It's absolutely amazing how these boats get up,on their foils, nz hold the cup hence the challenge is here, the Brits are travelling well along with Italy prada yacht. America is gone from what I've seen, their skipper is a kiwi dean barker who jumped ship. No one I know likes him now. If you get a chance have a look, it's amazing.

Russ

Yes it’s fascinating, I always watch it

I am a huge fan. The United Arab Emirates currently hold the cup. But as usual, we will take it back. It is just a matter of time.

CD

Yup. BIG fan. Every time I've tried to make it home to Bermuda so I can be part of the party, something always comes up.

Truly amazing crafts. Would love to be onboard and hear it hum at speed.

I admire your optimism. :) :)
The views of the harbour are amazing, Auckland is called the city of sails, so many boats up there.
History says you will get it back.

Russ

Enjoy the view! Seriously, drive to where the boats are and have your mind blown (pardon the pun).

I've owned a couple of sailboats, including a Catalina racing hull that was over-sailed (bigger mainsail than spec), and a spinnaker. Great fun, but most of my friends wouldn't go out on it -- at least more than once. :sick:

I gotta' give you a hard time, I'm Mercan, and it's our cup. As long as nobody gets hurt, I can live with the outcome... But, we will get it back. :ninja::laugh:

CD

We need a new Dennis Conner...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSjwBt8kc0k

In 87, I worked for Ross Perot at EDS. I had keys to a conference room with a video projector, a 10-foot screen, and a satellite connection. A small group of friends and I watched the Challenge after hours, on the big screen, no commercials.

Seriously, if you have the chance, go see these yachts.

CD

Last edited:
We need a new Dennis Conner...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSjwBt8kc0k

In 87, I worked for Ross Perot at EDS. I had keys to a conference room with a video projector, a 10-foot screen, and a satellite connection. A small group of friends and I watched the Challenge after hours, on the big screen, no commercials.

Seriously, if you have the chance, go see these yachts.

CD

Dennis Connor is hated here because of that interview. Absolutely hated. I found it amusing.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom