Anyone for pickled pork

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:58 PM
With Apple sauce. It's a treat and I cook it Xmas day, there would be a riot here if I didn't serve it. It's a piece of rolled pork, normally the boned out loin, skin on. I havnt looked it up but I'll txt my butcher for what it is injected with. I will slow boil for 3 hours, it just melts in the mouth. I found a piece last week, it cost me $40 which is about twice the price of a pork chop per kg.
I havnt seen this mentioned on any forums I'm on.
You guys get it??

With Apple sauce. It's a treat and I cook it Xmas day, there would be a riot here if I didn't serve it. It's a piece of rolled pork, normally the boned out loin, skin on. I havnt looked it up but I'll txt my butcher for what it is injected with. I will slow boil for 3 hours, it just melts in the mouth. I found a piece last week, it cost me $40 which is about twice the price of a pork chop per kg.
I havnt seen this mentioned on any forums I'm on.
You guys get it??
This might be in the same neighborhood as what you're talking about:

Cincinnati Cottage Hams – They’re Not Hams at All!

Part of a Boston butt, sweet-sour cured (pickled). Also, my wife is from very close to Canada, and they eat the same thing, called cottage roll, so that was an interesting find when I'd first moved up there.

I almost bought one today! :laugh:

I've never heard of it until this moment. The first thing that came to mind is pickled pig feet.

What do you serve it with besides apple sauce?

0.jpeg

This might be in the same neighborhood as what you're talking about:

Cincinnati Cottage Hams – They’re Not Hams at All!

Part of a Boston butt, sweet-sour cured (pickled). Also, my wife is from very close to Canada, and they eat the same thing, called cottage roll, so that was an interesting find when I'd first moved up there.

I almost bought one today! :laugh:
Interesting read, my friend txt back its injected with brine!! I then had to ask again what's in it? He hasn't replied yet.!!

Russ

Back
Top Bottom