Staff member
Local time
9:45 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
Capture.JPG

A friend forwarded this link to me:

https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/

In honor of the historic mission, this has a recreation of the video and mission transcripts. You have the option of jumping into exactly where the mission was at this moment in time, 50 years ago, or starting at 1 minute before launch.

I was just shy of 7 years old when it happened, and I remember watching it on TV. I remembered getting the cardboard lunar landers at Gulf Oil gas stations:

image.jpg

I also got a model of the Saturn V rocket for Christmas (I’m pretty sure that was at least 2 years later).

Does anyone think this was all a hoax? I'm still surprised when I find out about people who do, but they must have their reasons.

If you count dead Cosmonauts, technically the Soviet Union landed on the moon first.:headshake:Gotta bring um back to count.

Really, I never heard about that. I remember at school as a 12 yo we studied the mission. Front page here. I still have about a 10 page with clippings from the time here some where. My late mum saved it. As she got older she started dropping off stuff I'd made or memories. Hoarders huh?

Russ

View attachment 29966

A friend forwarded this link to me:

https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/

In honor of the historic mission, this has a recreation of the video and mission transcripts. You have the option of jumping into exactly where the mission was at this moment in time, 50 years ago, or starting at 1 minute before launch.

I was just shy of 7 years old when it happened, and I remember watching it on TV. I remembered getting the cardboard lunar landers at Gulf Oil gas stations:

View attachment 29967
I also got a model of the Saturn V rocket for Christmas (I’m pretty sure that was at least 2 years later).

Does anyone think this was all a hoax? I'm still surprised when I find out about people who do, but they must have their reasons.

Man as a 12 yo I'd have loved making that model up. Nothing like it when I was kid,lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom