Apologies if you were unable to access the forum earlier today

Well we are able to get together now, LOL. I did find it rather odd and questioned as to whether or not it was a browser issue on my end. Glad it was resolved.

I was just about to post a message to say what happened!

Every site (CookingBites is a site, one of many, on a server, in a server farm) on the server that hosts CB was down earlier due to a network switch failure at the datacenter (server farm) that hosts us. This has now been rectified (obviously).

If you check to see if the original owner's other sites are up or down, you can usually tell if he is aware. If CycleChat Cycling Forum is also down he will be aware of the problem and working on it (aka chasing the people he pays for the server maintenance and network connectivity).

Additionally...
As a word of warning, I will be upgrading our server platform (Xenforo) today or tomorrow and as such the site will be down for a matter of minutes whilst this happens. Usually I don't bother saying anything because it is down for less than 60 seconds which I hope you all can manage with but after this outage of several hours, I thought I had better let you all know!

I was just about to post a message to say what happened!

Every site (CookingBites is a site, one of many, on a server, in a server farm) on the server that hosts CB was down earlier due to a network switch failure at the datacenter (server farm) that hosts us. This has now been rectified (obviously).

If you check to see if the original owner's other sites are up or down, you can usually tell if he is aware. If CycleChat Cycling Forum is also down he will be aware of the problem and working on it (aka chasing the people he pays for the server maintenance and network connectivity).

Additionally...
As a word of warning, I will be upgrading our server platform (Xenforo) today or tomorrow and as such the site will be down for a matter of minutes whilst this happens. Usually I don't bother saying anything because it is down for less than 60 seconds which I hope you all can manage with but after this outage of several hours, I thought I had better let you all know!
How will we ever survive? LOL!

It is possible that you may have noticed a few change since the update: I know I have. So far I have spotted the similar threads links, immediately below this reply box along with the changes to the editing tools layout. Clicking on the right hand 3 dots brings up a second level of tools on each of the options above... so if you can't find something, or happen to fancy something new...

I'll do a little digging, but in the mean time if you spot anything please let me know, and also more to the point key me know if you like it.

The 3 dots variously being up the following that both Yorky and Hemulen will want to take note of. Insert media from gallery has moved, as has save draft.

This probably only applies to mobile phone screens. Wider screens such as tablets and tablets will differ.

The 3 dots

Save draft is on the final set

Media gallery is on the middle set

And there's a whole load of editing options on the first.

I'll sit down at the weekend when I have access to the main computer and have a tidy up of the screens.

Insert images has also changed. With a different layout and location of the insert button.

It should be pretty easy to spot similar threads. It will be on the default options (assuming that there are options I can change) so they may not always make sense to us...

Here's hoping that the new high compression formats for pictures will be supported. I'll test and get back to you.

I've spotted the 3 dots.
I can't access my forum = ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD!!!

CD

Crickey. Not sure if I want either of you two as neighbours! The original post was made back on the 3rd December last year.

You could have waited another week and 2 days (roughly) and made it a full 6 months. 5 months and 3 weeks doesn't quite have the same ring does it? :laugh:

Lol

Crickey. Not sure if I want either of you two as neighbours! The original post was made back on the 3rd December last year.

You could have waited another week and 2 days (roughly) and made it a full 6 months. 5 months and 3 weeks doesn't quite have the same ring does it? :laugh:

Lol
Sat has jokes! ;-)

How are you doing? I've been thinking about you but didn't want to disturb you.

Back
Top Bottom