Apparently this is considered to be Retro

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
11:17 PM
Earlier this evening I started looking for a portable cd player. On the Amazon website they are selling various makes, some I have never heard of, and they are considered to be retro. My interpretation of the word is something from the 1970's, as I missing something?

We have cds that aren't on my pod so I just want something to play a cd as and when I want without the faff of removing and installing onto my pod.

I was listening to my d.i.l play list recently only to find her faves were all from my era. Eagles Beatles among them. I asked her about her choice, she said that's the best music. Our 70s and 80s songs are forever popular. My granddaughter who is nine, one of her faves is a song by Ray Columbus from the 70s called she's a mod.
Unbelievable that age doesn't effect music tastes.

Russ

Earlier this evening I started looking for a portable cd player. On the Amazon website they are selling various makes, some I have never heard of, and they are considered to be retro. My interpretation of the word is something from the 1970's, as I missing something?

We have cds that aren't on my pod so I just want something to play a cd as and when I want without the faff of removing and installing onto my pod.
Ripping CD's is a bit of a pain. Trying to migrate the music to an iPad is even more so. Every year I set out to add a few more to take on holiday, but never get very far. I don't have a huge selection (I estimate around 300 CD's) but I'd love to get them all transferred and free up some shelf space. I doubt it will ever happen!

Ripping CD's is a bit of a pain. Trying to migrate the music to an iPad is even more so. Every year I set out to add a few more to take on holiday, but never get very far. I don't have a huge selection (I estimate around 300 CD's) but I'd love to get them all transferred and free up some shelf space. I doubt it will ever happen!

It takes up so much time and effort and to be honest I don't want to do that which is why I want a cd player, thinking about it today though, if I want to listen to it whilst ironing, where would I put it? no pockets to put it in and if I buy a carrier then it is just more expense, still thinking about it

It takes up so much time and effort and to be honest I don't want to do that which is why I want a cd player, thinking about it today though, if I want to listen to it whilst ironing, where would I put it? no pockets to put it in and if I buy a carrier then it is just more expense, still thinking about it
I think you could probably find a solution for listening to it whilst ironing. :scratchhead:

My entire cd collection has been put on my computer, its over 35 gigs of music. It so easy to find a particular song with itunes organizing them by artist, album, and genre. Then i have that music on my old ipod. While it takes time its easy to do and i remember when i started moving the music to my computer i would stick a cd in the drive and set it to record to itunes and then do other stuff on the computer while it transferred. And soon the whole collection was digital, now when i by a cd i just pop it in my computer first thing.

My entire cd collection has been put on my computer, its over 35 gigs of music. It so easy to find a particular song with itunes organizing them by artist, album, and genre. Then i have that music on my old ipod. While it takes time its easy to do and i remember when i started moving the music to my computer i would stick a cd in the drive and set it to record to itunes and then do other stuff on the computer while it transferred. And soon the whole collection was digital, now when i by a cd i just pop it in my computer first thing.

I am not very tech savvy so it helps to keep things simple.

This one looks good - good reviews and a cheap price tag (relatively). Comes in black or white.

28319c6f-a9ac-42c6-b33a-c3b8eae096f1._CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300__.jpg

Whenever I get my iPod classic out I am inundated in comments such as "I haven't seen one of those for such a long time". It too is consisted to be retro!

My hubby has thousands and thousands of days of music according to iTunes. I think he has some +60,000 songs and he had been listening to it in alphabetical order! He started some time ago back in September last year. He drives 45-60 minutes each way to and from work and invariably has music on when he's driving. He's still listening to it. I know he is close to filling his 64Gb iPod.

Whenever I get my iPod classic out I am inundated in comments such as "I haven't seen one of those for such a long time". It too is consisted to be retro!

My hubby has thousands and thousands of days of music according to iTunes. I think he has some +60,000 songs and he had been listening to it in alphabetical order! He started some time ago back in September last year. He drives 45-60 minutes each way to and from work and invariably has music on when he's driving. He's still listening to it. I know he is close to filling his 64Gb iPod.

My old ipod an old 40 gig classic, no color display, and with the click wheel about the size of a thin cigarette pack. I won it in a raffle, i love it. Tho i have since been given a 1st gen ipod...meaning the first year ever to make ipods...its thick and only can hold 4 gigs...i was given it cause someone heard i liked apple stuff...i'm like "yes please, thank you." Recently i found a ipod touch at the thrift store but it only has 8 gigs of space but hey it can go online via wifi and frankly is like a tiny ipad and it was less than $5 so how could i say no. I love my apple devices.

Back
Top Bottom