Are there anyone who can explain the procedure of making chicken manchuria?

margarito

Veteran
Local time
8:21 AM
Hello guys,

I'm a big lover of Chinese cuisine and really enjoy eating them. I feel like preparing them myself always but the thing that actually drags me back is lack of confidence in doing it because I'm not sure about the preparation. This time I badly felt like making chicken manchuria on my own and to enjoy it. But as already said I lack in the knowledge of cooking well and not sure about its preparation.

Can anyone help me out in this regard? Just give me a gist of its preparation and I'll be very happy with it. Thanks in advance.

chicken-manchurian.jpg

Cooking Chicken Manchurian involves a large process, however this is the easiest recipe and preparation method that I could find when I was devoted to the Chinese cuisine, in this case, with Indian influence.

Chicken Manchurian
Ingredients to marinate:
– 1 kg chicken pieces
– 1tbsp tomato sauce (optional)
– 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
– 1 tbsp soya sauce
– ½ tsp turmeric powder
– 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
– Sugar and salt to taste

Ingredients for batter:
– 4 tbsp corn flour, water
– 2 eggs
– Salt to taste
– Oil to fry

Ingredients for Manchurian sauce
– 2 onions sliced well
– 1.5 tsp garlic
– 1 tsp ginger
– 3-4 green chillies
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp Sugar, vinegar
– ¼ tsp Pepper powder
– Chopped fresh coriander leaves
– Oil to cook

Directions:
– Marinate the chicken for at least 30-60 mins.
– Prepare the batter and set aside.
– Dip chicken in the batter lightly and start deep frying till it turns crispy.
– Do this on a high flame.
– In a wok/pan, add oil.
– Stir fry the onions transparent and then add ginger-garlic, green chillies.
– Flash the pan with soy sauce.
– Add in the chicken and let it cook for 2-3 mins.
– Keep aside.

– In a sauce pan, add 1 cup water and pepper powder.
– Let sugar melt then add soy sauce, vinegar and tomato sauce (optional).
– Mix well. Cook for 5 mins,add the chicken pieces and then add ¼ cup of cornflour paste.
– Let cook on high for few mins till you seethe sauce separating lightly from the pan.
– Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with noodles.

That's a clear explanation. Thanks mate! This sounds a bit easier as you said, but I'm not sure of it until I try. The ingredients you stated are also in regular use and nothing typical was detected so far. I'll give it a try today and and let you know its feedback. Serving it along with noodles is really amazing and makes my mouth watering imagining it. Thank you so much for this.

No problem, I'm glad to help out, and certainly noodles makes a great side dish to serving :)

Yeah, main advantage of this recipe is that doesn't require hard-to-find ingredients, which really facilitates get it done.

:) Success! Success! Success!!

I'm so happy to acknowledge you of my success in preparing this recipe which you helped me out. This was truly amazing and I firmly say these are the damn perfect ingredients that add ecstatic taste to my manchuria. Thanks once again :D

:) Feel free to post any such incredible recipes here so that I could try them and enjoy both its taste and aplauses from my family :wink:

Back
Top Bottom