Are you on the fence about Veganism?

kamarsun1

Veteran
Local time
4:27 PM
Anyone thinking about going vegan but you may have some fear, or doubt? I will say that going vegan is much easier than most people think. Remember its mind over matter, and it is okay to have a little fear when you start a lifestyle change. I would like to hear your thoughts on this subject.

I wouldn't say I am on the fence, I have vegan days and I lived with a vegan flat mate too, but I find some vegans can be too radical and make themselves anti-social of people don't cater to their whims. Not all vegans, but there is a stereotype and some people are perceived that way. I don't care how people see me, but if I lost a job because someone thought my being vegan would make it difficult to be in my position, to have dinners with clients then it's something to consider.

I care about what I put in my body and vegans can look at vegetarians dismissively, I like being able to eat out with friends and at social gatherings be able to eat things. Vegans are still catered for, but often meat eaters don't know that food was for vegans and eat them as I found at a work do, people ate all the hummus sandwiches because they liked them and you can't tell them not to, even if it was the only thing you could have eaten.

I don't need to be labelled anything, I can be vegan one day and vegetarian another.

Anyone thinking about going vegan but you may have some fear, or doubt? I will say that going vegan is much easier than most people think. Remember its mind over matter, and it is okay to have a little fear when you start a lifestyle change. I would like to hear your thoughts on this subject.

Did you go from meat eating straight to vegan, or did you go vegetarian first, then move to vegan? How was the experience for you?

I have never considered going vegan at any time, not even vegetarian. I can go without eating meat at times, but I don't like the idea of being that strict on what I eat. I suppose if I did decide to go vegan, I may still eat meat every now and then. This is especially so if I had to be dining out at a restaurant or if I was invited to someone's home for dinner. If I ever decided to go vegan, I suppose it would have to be a gradual thing for me, not a sudden change from one lifestyle to the other. I think my system would have to get accustomed to the changeover bit by bit.

It is not something I am on the fence about, I am simply just not a vegan out of choice. Although many of the meals I make would fit perfectly into a vegan diet and I enjoy these types of meals, I would be unwilling to eliminate meat and fish entirely from my diet. I think I would struggle to remove products derived from animals too. If I had to have a vegan diet, for health reasons for example, I think I would manage it easily. It is just that I choose not to.

I don't know it's a sitting on the fence thing for me. I know I am curious about the lifestyle and would definitely like to eat healthier before I am forced to. From where I sit, it feels like it wouldn't be an easy decision. For me the most important thing right now is education on the lifestyle.

I am sort of on the fence but it's not really a lack of confidence that is holding me back. I feel like I am just eating meat until I get sick of it. If I jump too prematurely then I'm sure I'll just end up getting curious and going back, and I'm confident that my tastes are changing and that I will eventually and naturally lose my desire to eat meat as I'm gradually gravitating more towards vegetables nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom