Are you planning to try any new cooking techniques or recipes?

Are you really telling me you haven't cooked with broad beans?

Me I would like to try cooking with moth beans again (silent h BTW).
I'm also looking forward to having an oven again, something I haven't had in almost 4 years!

I am not a huge fan of beans to be honest so I mostly just do the lazy thing and get canned beans. I also haven't tried cooking with broad beans or moth beans!
I don't know much about moth beans except that they are an Indian cuisine right? SatNavSaysStraightOn would you mind giving me a bit more information on these type of beans?

i have been experimenting with a espuma gun for a while now,fancy foams sweet and savoury,i am not such a big fan of some molecular techniques,as i was classically trained,but i do use the ideas in some dishes

Has anyone tried using sous vide machines?? It's the new trend now to cook steak sous vide and then searing them afterwards. I'm dying to try this technique but the machines aren't on sale here

Has anyone tried using sous vide machines?? It's the new trend now to cook steak sous vide and then searing them afterwards. I'm dying to try this technique but the machines aren't on sale here
Yes! You normally need a vac pac machine,you can season your meats, put in vac pac , put in water bath slow cook meat , remove and sear in a hot pan to caramelise the out side , it's also grat for fish , takes a bit of getting used to as temp is adjustable and length of time in water

Yes! You normally need a vac pac machine,you can season your meats, put in vac pac , put in water bath slow cook meat , remove and sear in a hot pan to caramelise the out side , it's also grat for fish , takes a bit of getting used to as temp is adjustable and length of time in water

Is there maybe an alternative to a sous vide machine? What if I were to put my protein into a ziplock bag and put that in a waterbath? Would that work?

The thing is a sous vide water bath is controlable, which is great for more delicate cuts you want to keep pink and under cooked, ie fillet , a zip lock bag may not take the heat , may be worth a try ,
I have used the stock pot As a water bath in the past but as I say it has its limitations ,before vac pic machines were readily available I would get my butcher to put my own mixes in to the packages , but even the vac pac machine is a art , to how much air to remove

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom