Are you ready....

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:21 AM
for Xmas lunch, I love Xmas day, the wee kids were here yesterday and wanted to know who was getting the presents under our tree,lol. It will be very busy here tomorrow, big lunch. It's getting busier as the kids grow up. We visit our parents graves today to give ourselves extra time tomorrow. How's your day going to go?

Russ

Does your old boy help in the kitchen? Spread the load??.

He is under instruction to put turkey in the oven in the morning and baste it at intervals. Then - when I get up late morning :)D) I'll get the veg ready, take the bird out to rest and do the rest.

Last edited:
He is under instruction to put turkey in the oven in the morning and baste it at intervals. Then - when I get up late morning :)D) I'll get the veg ready, take the bird out to rest and do the rest.

Lol, ok , he's semi trained,lol.
I hope you and yours enjoy your day. I think of you as I tuck into my lamb and turkey,lol.
Merry Xmas

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
At least you will have family with you. I guess there's a lot that spend it alone. What about doing the Xmas meals and make extra for Boxing Day. Then heat or microwave. That's what I'd do.

Russ
@rascal
Yep, my wife and I are alone, day after day, unless separated by illness or travel. No kids by choice (sometimes now I question that decision), friends, family predicted years ago that I would, but I was too selfish to give up several trips a year to Vegas, the freedom, etc.

Alone and exposed now to the ravages of old age, she being 9 years my junior, me having good health (reasonably) because from early adulthood I rejected acceptance of my peers' vices: never smoked a cigarette in my life! But, the "writing is on the wall" now.......but, hell, I'm still typing here, no?

@rascal
Yep, my wife and I are alone, day after day, unless separated by illness or travel. No kids by choice (sometimes now I question that decision), friends, family predicted years ago that I would, but I was too selfish to give up several trips a year to Vegas, the freedom, etc.

Alone and exposed now to the ravages of old age, she being 9 years my junior, me having good health (reasonably) because from early adulthood I rejected acceptance of my peers' vices: never smoked a cigarette in my life! But, the "writing is on the wall" now.......but, hell, I'm still typing here, no?

I hope you both enjoy your day though. I started smoking at 12, stopped 12 years ago. Best thing I ever did. I'll have a drink for you tomorrow.

Russ

Yes we're pretty much ready - meals are planned, ingredients are bought and the family have arrived :D
All that's left to do is pick up the turkey from the farm this morning and ice the cake this afternoon and we're all set :dance:

@rascal

We don't have kids through choice, we like the freedom to travel and do our own thing, it isn't being selfish and I certainly don't regret not having any.

Game plan change, we were going to have prime rib, but decided to save that for next weekend with DD, GDD and guests, over on the west coast. So I bought some beautiful veal shank for Osso Bucco at our go to Italian market. It will be served over Risoto Milanes.

We don't have kids through choice, we like the freedom to travel and do our own thing, it isn't being selfish and I certainly don't regret not having any.

I wish I hadn't ever had kids and when I say that its something which shocks a lot of people. The reasons are many but in my case, perhaps sadly, the problems have outweighed any benefits. Last August the youngest two eventually moved out and this is the first time I've lived without my kids in the house for 40 years! No, I'm not lonely. Its a relief.

Back
Top Bottom