creative

Veteran
Local time
6:22 AM
Artichoke Pate

artichoke-pate2.jpg

Artichoke Pâté
From A Cook’s Bible: Gluten-free, Wheat-free & Dairy-free Recipes

8 artichokes, stems and very outer leaves removed, or 14 ounces bottled or canned artichoke hearts in water or oil, drained (1 tablespoon oil reserved)
2 garlic cloves, chopped
sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
1 ounce coarsely chopped arugula (optional)

If using fresh artichokes, place in two large saucepans of boiling water and return to a boil, then turn the heat down, cover with a lid and leave to simmer 30 to 40 minutes until you can pull the leaves off the artichokes easily. Drain, leave until cook enough to handle and remove all the leaves, then scrape out the hairy ‘chokes’, leaving the bottoms, known as the ‘hearts’.

If using artichokes preserved in oil, use one tablespoon of oil from the bottle or can; if not, use olive oil. Heat the oil in a small, heavy-bottom saucepan. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds until just starting to brown. Tip into a bowl, add the artichoke hearts and arugula, if using, and blend with a stick blender to form a smooth, creamy paste; season lightly with salt. Alternatively, blend in a blender or food processor.

You just need to tag it CookingBites Recipe Challenge. Click on tags at the top left of your post to add tags.:okay:

Oh - I thought I DID tag it!
588401.gif
I followed your instructions and it came up in the recipe list.... now I am confused.
Oh, that's odd. It wasn't tagged when I looked. When you say it came up in the recipe list, do you mean the list you get when you click on the tag? I'm confused too!

Oh, that's odd. It wasn't tagged when I looked. When you say it came up in the recipe list, do you mean the list you get when you click on the tag? I'm confused too!
It went to a list of recipes all having the recipe prefix so I thought I had completed what you said.

OK - I am talking about tags. I added the tag 'cookingbites recipe challenge'. Look a the top left of your post under the title. Click on the cookingbites recipe challenge and all the current recipe challenge posts will be listed.

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 19.20.53.png

Last edited:
Very nice, creative. I make something similar as a spread for sandwiches...

Back
Top Bottom