Recipe Asian inspired minced seafood roll

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:13 PM
Asian inspired minced seafood roll

In New England, lobster and seafood rolls are a delicious staple to a seafood lover's diet. Typically the cooked seafood is mixed in a mayonnaise-based sauce with very little additional ingredients except for a little celery and a few seasonings, and the seafood mixture is served on a toasted top-cut hot dog bun. This sandwich I have created is a twist on that with Asian-inspired flavors. I used a sriracha and Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise base with a blend of seafood including minced scallops, shrimp, lobster, and snow crab, served on King's Hawaiian slider buns, open-faced with a sprinkle of furikake atop each one. I hope you love these as much as we did!

Serves 4-5 people, depending on appetites

Ingredients:
2 TBSP butter
Approximately 2 pounds of minced cooked seafood
1/4 cup Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise
2 TBSP sriracha
2 small stalks of celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup of English cucumber, finely chopped
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
3-4 green onion stalks, finely chopped
1 TBSP lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder (1/4 for seafood mixture, 1/4 for pan when browning the buns)
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1/4 tsp soy sauce
A pinch of furikake to top each sandwich
8-10 Hawaiian slider rolls

Preparation method:

In a saucepan, melt 1 TBPS butter on low heat. Gently warm the cooked seafood (basically just to eliminate any bacteria). With a slotted spoon, remove the seafood mixture from the pan and place in a bowl to cool.

While the seafood is cooling, in another bowl, mix the sriracha, Kewpie mayonnaise, sesame oil, soy sauce, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, cucumber, celery, lime juice, and cilantro until just blended. Mix the cooled seafood into the sriracha mayonnaise. Place in the refrigerator to stay cold.

Put 1 TBSP of butter in the saucepan with the seafood juices and residue on a medium high heat. Add 1/4 tsp of garlic powder. Slice open the desired amount of buns and place each one with the cut end down into the butter mixture and heat for several minutes until each one is brown on the underside. Remove from the pan and put on a plate.

Top each bun open-faced with a generous portion of the seafood mixture. Add a pinch of furikake to each sandwich. If you don't have furikake, sprinkle some sesame seeds instead. Eat and enjoy!

Last edited:
I also used the leftover seafood mixture with some sushi rice and green onion in a half sheet of nori for a sushi handroll. I liked that even better!

Back
Top Bottom