Attention Pepperheads, new from Bonnie and Puckerbutt...

caseydog

Local time
7:07 AM
I get all of my herb and pepper plants from Bonnie, and have done so for at least 20 years. Their plants are excellent.

They have teamed up with "Smokin' Ed" Curry at Puckerbutt, inventor of THE Guinness Book of World Records hottest peppers, the Carolina Reaper and PepperX, to offer four of his pepper plants.

It looks like they are direct order only. I know they aren't available at the nurseries around me.

PuckerButt Pepper Company – Bonnie Plants

So, if you like good tasting peppers that will also melt your face, check these out.

CD

Won't open properly, wants me to do a survey? Too hard.

Don't know where wife gets hers but we have pretty much everything growing here, multiple reapers as well, she's still picking every day. I'm making chilly oil in the next week. After watching a you tube vid.

Russ

Won't open properly, wants me to do a survey? Too hard.

Don't know where wife gets hers but we have pretty much everything growing here, multiple reapers as well, she's still picking every day. I'm making chilly oil in the next week. After watching a you tube vid.

Russ

I wonder if those reapers are real Carolina Reapers, which are patented. There are a lot of imitations out there, and probably most our outside the US, where US patents are often not enforced.

CD

I wonder if those reapers are real Carolina Reapers, which are patented. There are a lot of imitations out there, and probably most our outside the US, where US patents are often not enforced.

CD

I'm assuming genuine as marketed as them. I'll ask where she buys them. We have nice yellow ones as well I use in a seafood curry ( Thai )
There wouldn't be dishonest chilly sellers in China would there????? :)

Russ

I'm assuming genuine as marketed as them. I'll ask where she buys them. We have nice yellow ones as well I use in a seafood curry ( Thai )
There wouldn't be dishonest chilly sellers in China would there????? :)

Russ

The Thai chillis I bought at the Asian market look and taste exactly like the cayenne peppers I grow in my yard. I have no idea whether the Thai chilis I bought were actually Thai chilis.

CD

IDK about the plants. I do know that you have to be careful about buying the peppers. In August grocery stores will have New Mexico Hatch Valley Peppers. The specific geographic growing region is the key to their flavor, both altitude and soil. I have seen peppers sold as Hatch peppers. Not the same.

Back
Top Bottom