10:39 AM
Aubergine-sliders.jpg

Ingredients
2 aubergines sliced into 1inch round slices
2tbsp oil
250g grated gruyere cheese
1tsp of mixed dried herbs

Method
Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas Mark 6. Oil and ovenproof dish lightly before placing the aubergine rounds flat in a single layer. Drizzle them with oil and bake for 15mins until almost cooked through.
Sprinkle over the cheese and the mixed herbs and return to the oven to melt for another 5-10mins until golden and bubbling and serve.

I regret my first post is not of a Caribbean recipe but this recipe seems right down my alley as it is a quickie. Were I to try this I would be using the Vegetarian Cheese I always have on hand.
http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/536438/aubergine-sliders

Oh this looks so good. I really want to try them. They sounds so easy to make too. So many recipes I want to try I don't know where to start. This is definitely going to be one of them!
I know the feeling. I don't know if I'll live long enough to try everything I want to try. L_B you ought to get in the competition. This recipe is for the competition and the vegetable for the challenge is aubergines or egg plants as we call them around here. I think I need to tag it to the challenge or something like that.

20151121_175117_resized.jpg I found me a single eggplant when I was visiting my mom recently. She says she gives them away to a Guyanese friend. I was right. It is favourite for Guyanese not so much Bajans. Now hopefully, I won't have it sitting around like the Guinness.

Back
Top Bottom