[AUS] - Almond Breeze now available in 250ml packets in Petrol Stations

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
3:53 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Almond Breeze have launched a 'new' range of small packets of Chocolate, Coffee and Coconut flavoured Almond milk drinks to be sold at petrol stations and convenience stores.

They also go on to claim to be pioneers in this format - err, only in Australia. On my travels I have come across soya based flavoured milks in the very same identical format (or 330ml) in many more flavours than the 3 Almond Breeze are offering. There was probably non-dairy, non-soya based available as well, but I never really looked for them. I

However, what I am more interested in is the last line in this statement

The company's Australia and New Zealand company director Roger Ringwood said almond milk was the fastest growing milk in the non-dairy category, now overtaking soy.

He said the latest product particularly suited busy women who wanted a quick, healthy drink at a convenience store or petrol station.
What do you think of the highlighted line (in my bold)?
http://www.foodanddrinkbusiness.com...out-single-serve-category#zrCYpeA14V29H8gE.99 carries the story from last month.

I think the line is a bit biased. Do only busy women buy petrol?

My OH told me that in Australia at the moment they are also running a campaign to reduce the amount of sugar people drink. I wasn't aware because if I ever watch TV I am usually busy and don't see the commercials/ads and also don't really get out much. Apparently it is the women who are more likely to be health conscious and want something else other than what is there. How much sugar chocolate flavoured almond milk (is it still dairy free?) has in it is another matter!

I also know that IKEA recently halved the sugar in their flavoured waters sold in store and in the restaurant, in both flat and fizzy drinks. I still find them a touch too sweet personally. But that's out life style. We don't consume that much sugar.

When my kids were little, I cut the sugar in half when I made Kool-aid.

Back
Top Bottom