Awsome veggie smoothie hack

Vickeree

Veteran
Local time
12:10 AM
I bought a blender a whilr ago with the intention of making veggie smoothies and getting more greens in my diet.. but i found it hard to acquire the habit of doing it every day just because of the inconvenience of cleaning, washing the veggies choppjng them in small pieces etc..

Noe ive found a great hack by juicing them in bunch that would last me for several days by turning them into ice cubes and consuming them the following days using a blender and mixing them with other fruits or protein powder. :)

That is a smart idea! I think it's also good to do that so that the produce you buy doesn't go bad too fast. I know sometimes if I buy produce in bulk for juices/smoothies, sometimes it starts getting close to the end of its' lifespan and then freezing is a good option!

I would think a juicer would give you the options you need in terms of juicing and maybe smoothie making as well. These are the options that you might need in order to make juice. A food processor might be the way to get the consistency you need when producing smoothies. It is one of the things you need. It is a quality way to be able to chop up veggies, or a blender.

And washing the veggies can be a chore too so i just wash them all at once before i freeze them... im curious tho... how long and thorough does it take you to wash your veggies making sure they are free of inseticides or herbicides or maybe i should just go organic all the way?

That is even practical and no more guessing about the portions because you can go by the cubes. Say two or three cubes in one glass. You can also do that technique with your spices. Instead of using water try using olive oil plus the spices and freeze. A nice practical way to store and measure

Strawberry Mango Spring Smoothie

Makes 3½ cups

1 cup coconut milk
1 banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
1 mango, skinned and chunked
5 large strawberries, hulled
Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

First: Our Top Tips

1. Invest in a blender with at least an 800-watt motor. (Vitamix is the gold standard.)

2. Prepare frozen fruit ahead to save time. Cut and freeze on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer bag or container.

3. Frozen bananas go a long way. Peel, slice, and freeze them. This go-to smoothie ingredient adds thickness without taking over other flavors.

4. Add ingredients like milk, yogurt, water, or juice first to get the blender moving. Then, add lighter, drier ingredients, like leafy greens, followed by heavy ingredients like ice and fruit pieces.

Pardon me but I don't like veggie smoothie. There is a restaurant here with an al fresco section where I saw some teenagers with glasses of green. When I asked, they sheepishly said veggie smoothie. So that is it. And how does it taste? They were unison in saying not bad. Just that, not bad? It is a healthy drink so okay, huh. I like the fruit smoothie above, strawberry and mango is a good combination.

I tend to like the fruit smoothies more than the green drinks, I have no problem getting my greens into my daily schedule. I like to add yogurt to my fruit smoothies making them nice and thick like a shake.

I love vegetable smoothies and yes it is absolutely true that is is very tedious when it comes to cleaning the blender every time we will make our smoothies. This is an interesting idea to put the smoothie in ice cubes in the freezer that can last for days and you will just have to get the cubes you need for your glass. I will surely try this method. Good thoughts! Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom