1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp ground coriander seeds
1 thumbnail size piece belanchal
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp kecap manis
Juice of 1 lime

Next day additions: 1/3 cup coconut flakes, lime juice

Method

Process paste ingredients until thoroughly combined. Marinate chicken pieces in paste overnight. Next day, remove most the marinade but reserve. Place chicken on a roasting rack, and allow to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, put reserved marinade in a pot with coconut flakes and extra lime juice and reduce until a thick paste. Preheat oven to 130 degrees, and put chicken in for half an hour, then turn temp up to 220 degrees and roast till chicken nearly cooked. Remove chicken, spread paste over the top and grill/broil under a high heat till paste starts to char. Remove, serve with rice and fresh lime.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIqS4JutFlA

This looks delicious.

I was originally thrown by your mention of Chicken Maryland because it has a specific meaning in the US as a dish in itself - but I assume the term is used in a different way in Australia?
The term "Chicken Maryland" or "Maryland Chicken" refers to a historic dish associated with the U.S. state of Maryland, but has other meanings from other nations.

This looks delicious.

I was originally thrown by your mention of Chicken Maryland because it has a specific meaning in the US as a dish in itself - but I assume the term is used in a different way in Australia?

Yes, here it's not a dish, but just a description of the chicken portion of bone in thigh and leg (still attached) usually with the skin still on.

Back
Top Bottom