Recipe & Video Baba Ganoush with Confit Garlic

murphyscreek

Veteran
Local time
12:09 PM
Simple but tasty....

Recipe

Ingredients

2 very large, 3 large, or 4 medium eggplants (aubergine)
10 cloves garlic
3/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp sea salt
Pinch of paprika for garnish
Finely chopped mint leaves for garnish

Method

Take a metal skewer and poke several holes in to each eggplant. Grill over charcoal, turning occasionally, for approx. 45 minutes, closing lid for last 15 minutes or so. Meanwhile, simmer whole garlic cloves in olive oil on a low heat till softening. Once done reserve the oil. Place the eggplant flesh (discarding skin), confit garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, and salt in a food processer and blend till reasonably smooth. Then, whilst still processing, slowly drizzle in around 3 tbsp of the reserved garlic flavoured olive oil. Place in an appropriate dish, and garnish with a little more of the garlic oil, a few pinches of paprika, and chopped mint leaves. serve with toasted Lebanese bread.

View: https://youtu.be/twnqw1W6BPw

I like what you did here, mate. There's a strong garlic presence here (in a good way), even though baba ghanoush is still mainly about the smoked aubergine. Roasted garlic and smoked eggplant are natural best friends. I can't wait until I can fire up the grill (too much snow to attempt it now). Maybe with a torch? I will definitely make this soon. I can already taste it.

Baba Ganoush is a wonderful thing and yours looks super good. I like the way you used the confit garlic and the oil they were cooked in (garlic oil). :okay:

Back
Top Bottom