Guru
Local time
1:28 PM
Website
duckholiday.com
2 large aubergines
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp tahini
garlic cloves, crushed (at least two, but I'd use six)
3 tbsp chopped mint or flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Blacken the aubergines over a gas hob or barbecue, turning regularly until completely charred. Allow to cool.

Cut the aubergines lengthways and scoop out the flesh, discarding the skins. Put in a sieve and leave to drain for 30 minutes (or squeeze out).

Stir the lemon juice into the tahini. Add the garlic and two-thirds of the chopped herbs.

Mash the aubergines with a fork and then stir into the tahini mixture. Top with the remaining herbs.

baba-ganoush-1.jpg

This is looking so 'Classic 33ish' it's frightening. No one in my household likes egg plant and I hardly think this can help change things. Stranger things have happened I suppose. I can see this recipe being mentioned in a particular category when the results are in.

Baba Ganoush! You could be on to a winner here @Duck59 Its one of my favourite ways to eat aubergine. Its absoultely delicious, @winterybella! A subtle smokey taste. Delicious served as a dip.

I needed that reassurance. It's really delicious? Honestly? I did not think the smokey taste would be subtle. I swore Classic had competition in the 'least appetizing' category. Sadly, he still stands alone.

I sometimes wonder what I have to do to dispel the myth that I am a Classic33 clone.

Not very often, admittedly.
I think it was the garlic ice-cream that did it! But I've been making Baba Ganoush for decades and I can vouch for he fact that its delicious!

Back
Top Bottom