Baby Food

glittergirl24

Veteran
Local time
12:26 PM
My son is 8 months old today, and I've been told that we can start giving him the same food we eat, just cut up and really well cooked. Anyone on here have any recipes that their baby really enjoys? I've tried regular oatmeal and a sweet potato (not together) and he wasn't a fan. I've pretty much just been giving him the just add water baby oatmeal and dinners, but would like to start introducing new foods. Any recipes would be super appreciated! :giggle:

When my sons were small they ate what we had ,puréed up in a food processor , it made us eat sensible as well they had liver included in that butter but squash is a good one silky smooth as a purée and sweet with natural sugars

Something I used to do that was so easy was take a banana, mash it with a fork, then sort of whisk it like you would an egg. It turns into a banana pudding type texture. It was so fast and easy, that was one of my go-to meals. Another quick one was a microwaved apple; poke it and microwave it whole, then peel and scrape it out with a fork.

Otherwise I would just cook up different vegetables and puree them with a hand blender. They ate broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, just about anything that way. If you add a bit of the baby rice cereal flakes to it, it gives it some body and also a bit of the flavor they are already used to.

Take bananas and steaming apricots and blend with a little lemon juice. My daughter loved it

Back
Top Bottom