Recipe & Video Bacon Sandwich

FoodFighter

Local time
9:57 PM
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi guys, I was inspired to do a bacon lattice on the grill, turned out pretty good.
I put the cooked bacon on some freshly cooked Italian bread (Manofato) from my local Migros store.

All you need is bacon and some ketchup, butter for the bread.

Don't forget the milky, sugary tea.

Not sure if I should upload a video of the adventure, it's nearly 2GB in size!

Recipe Introduction - nothing really amazing going on here, it's just decent streaky bacon in lattice/mesh so it cooks square and flat which means it can cover every part of the bread, right to the edge...ideally a nice quality bread.

Ingredients - it depends on the bread that you have. I think 10 pieces of streaky bacon is enough for one sandwich. Five pieces of bacon one direction and 5 pieces in the other direction like a chess board.
You'll also need bread, butter, salt and ketchup.

Method -
On a cold grill or frying pan
Lay down five pieces of streaky bacon parallel to each other.
Next take a piece of streaky bacon and lay it at ninety degrees to the bacon you just lay down.
Next take alternating slices of bacon so one is on top of the other.
Next turn on the heat to medium
Next wait for the bacon to cook so everything tightens up and holds together.
Once the bacon is cooked on one side carefully flip it over so the other side cooks.
Now is a good time to butter your bread.
Next take the cooked bacon off the grill put it on your bread.
Next to boil a kettle and make yourself a cup of proper Irish tea 🙂

Credits - I made it myself, and one of the moderators kindly provided the link to my video below.

Enjoy!

Comments/Feedback - I thought it was a really nice sandwich. Using the streaky bacon gives you a lot of uniformity.
The is something quite satisfying about having a slate of bacon. I made it for my daughter to and she really appreciated it. It's not about money is it, doing good things for others, that makes you feel good. Maybe that's just me thinking.

Edited to add... Next time I might put a glazed fried egg on top. What's a glaze? I mean when it's mostly cooked putting a tablespoon of water on the hot pan and then something to cover it, so the steam causes the top of the yellow runny egg to firm up and go opaque.
IMG_20210620_095646.jpg IMG_20210620_095758.jpg IMG_20210620_100109.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, I was inspired to do a bacon lattice on the grill, turned out pretty good.
I put the cooked bacon on some freshly cooked Italian bread (Manofato) from my local Migros store.

All you need is bacon and some ketchup, butter for the bread.

Don't forget the milky, sugary tea.

View attachment 69442 View attachment 69443 View attachment 69444

Can I have mine with fresh tomato instead of ketchup? :D

CD

You can post a link to your youtube. This one?

View: https://youtu.be/AZBmtR6Sxg4

Please can you write this up as a recipe (however simple!) in your post above with a method as well as ingredients. See here (Guideline 21) for our policy re formatting Recipes.

Not sure if you have been a member long enough to edit your posts. If not, post the method in this thread and a moderator can edit it into the top post.

Thanks morning glory, that's genuinely helpful and I will form at the recipe.

I did notice a notification saying the title had been modified because of disabilities or something like that, but I'm not sure what it was....
And thanks for posting the vid, appreciate that.

Back
Top Bottom