Bacon Wrapped Food Items

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
7:28 AM
What food items have you ever cooked, wrapped in bacon? I have a preference for wrapping skewered shrimp or prawns in bacon, for one.

Yes, I would qualify prosciutto here as well.
Ok. Yeah, I've used prosciutto over the years for all sorts of duty. Wrapping other protein like small birds or breast to fish fillets and of course melon. Dates filled with cheese then wrapped in prosciutto. Also used as a liner and filled with various grains, onions, mushrooms, cheese then broiled, that kind of thing.

Last edited:
I love bacon wrapped scallops. Haven't made them for years. I did bone in skin on chicken breast wrapped in bacon sous vide and it was excellent. I plan to see if I can make supermarket turkey breast edible this way in the near future.

I have wrapped figs in prosciutto - just lovely!!

I don't like bacon but its fat can add an interesting taste to foods, and if I'm cooking for someone who likes bacon, I can use it. I've cooked meatloaf, pork loin and chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven.

I’ve wrapped it around prunes and around hot dogs, draped it over chicken, turkey, and meatloaf, and I’ve probably used it in other places I’m forgetting.

Here is a bacon weave wrapped fatty I smoked on April 20, 2018 (4/20). 😎

_DSC0884.JPG

CD

Back
Top Bottom