Baileys or Carolans - or the supermarket's own?

Local time
5:57 AM
Website
www.helium.com
I don't drink a lot of Baileys and other Irish cream drinks, but I like to keep some in, and of course we always get a bottle at Christmas. Actually, I prefer Carolans. It's cheaper than Baileys, although it's not so readily available, but I don't think it's quite so sweet, and it seems to have more of a 'kick' with it. I managed to get a litre from Morrisons for $9 before we headed back to Spain, and I've already opened it!

What about you? What's your favourite Irish cream drink?

I like Bailey's because in this country all others are even more pricey, although I only but one or 2 bottles a year!

And from all the recipes that include this Irish cream, this is my favorite:

1240372_303066913169002_1671866570_n.jpg

I love baileys but I drink it quite rarely. I do find it to be a bit too sweet but adding a couple of ice cubes makes it just perfect and keeps it chilled!

I love Bailey's! I think it's one of the best cream drinks out there! Proof of that is that Haagen Daas has an ice cream with it! And that is awesome, by the way!
However, even better than Bailey's is homemade Bailey's. My coworker did it for everyone in the office last Christmas (2012) and it was one of the best drinks I ever had! I ended up not asking him how to make him, but I sure wish I did! Unfortunately I moved to a different company and a different country. But that was a good drink!!

I have tried Carolans and Heather Cream and although both are pretty good substitutes, I still prefer the original Bailey's Irish Cream. It is a bit more pricey but its not something I drink all the time. It is heavenly on ice cream :)

I've never tried it over ice cream, but I certainly will now. I have had Bailey's cheesecake though, and that's pretty good. I'm not too keen on Heather Cream.

I used to drink Bailey's and Pina Colada's back when I first started to drink (like when I was 18). I don't know how I didn't gain 100lbs drinking that stuff, lol. It's cream and sugar! I would nearly polish off a whole bottle by myself in an evening.

Incidentally I came across a blog that has a recipe for making your own from scratch. It has some flavors that I wasn't expecting, such as almond extract, but otherwise sounds kind of interesting:

http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2009/12/homemade-baileys-irish-cream-youll.html

I've never tried it over ice cream, but I certainly will now. I have had Bailey's cheesecake though, and that's pretty good. I'm not too keen on Heather Cream.
You will think you died and went to heaven when you try the Bailey's on ice cream, Sandra. And I will be on the lookout of Bailey's cheesecake. It sounds divine :)

I like Bailey's because in this country all others are even more pricey, although I only but one or 2 bottles a year!

And from all the recipes that include this Irish cream, this is my favorite:

1240372_303066913169002_1671866570_n.jpg
Those brownies look amazing! :) Thank you for sharing the recipe! Yummy!
I agree with you, I definitely like Bailey's! It is very delicious and it is very versatile! You can add it to ice cream, cheesecakes, desserts and apparently use it to make brownies! :) It is incredibly tasty, although a little pricey!

You will think you died and went to heaven when you try the Bailey's on ice cream, Sandra. And I will be on the lookout of Bailey's cheesecake. It sounds divine :)
I did try it last night - and it was just as you said! I don't normally like vanilla ice cream, but it was all we had, so I served it up, topped it with some cherry and brandy conserve, then drizzled Bailey's over it. Absolute heaven! I'll need to buy another bottle of Bailey's, because I can actually see myself pouring more over ice cream than I drink. Thanks for the tip.

I did try it last night - and it was just as you said! I don't normally like vanilla ice cream, but it was all we had, so I served it up, topped it with some cherry and brandy conserve, then drizzled Bailey's over it. Absolute heaven! I'll need to buy another bottle of Bailey's, because I can actually see myself pouring more over ice cream than I drink. Thanks for the tip.
To be honest, I am not a fan of vanilla ice cream either but topped with Baileys, it has become my new favorite. The problem is, I can get the ice cream on sale but Bailey's never seems to go on sale and its very very pricey here in Canada!!

Back
Top Bottom