Recipe Baked Bean Lasagne

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
11:24 PM
Baked Bean Lasagne.jpg

Ingredients

Baked beans from a can ( or haricot beans soaked overnight)
Tinned tomatoes
Onion
Garlic
milk , flour, butter (for the white sauce or buy by the jar )
lasagna sheets
salt and pepper to taste
grated cheese

Method

1) fine dice the onion and add to a pan and cook for a few minutes
2) chop the garlic and add to the onions
3) in a few minutes add the tinned tomatoes cook on low for about 10 minutes. And add the baked beans
4) To make the white sauce melt butter in a pan and add an equal amount of flour and stir
5) slowly and warm milk to the butter and flour mix and stir ( until it looks like white sauce)
6) in a dish make layers baked beans, lasagne sheets , and white sauce carry on until all the mix is used top for with cheese and cook.

Note

IF YOU GOT A JAR OF WHITE SAUCE IGNORE 4 AND 5

https://studentrecipes.com/recipes/vegetarian/baked-bean-lasagne/

Not sure what to say about this one. I like the idea of a bean lasagne. In fact, I often do something similar with beans or lentils. :) But... this is one of the worst written recipes I've ever seen. I know its not your own recipe @classic33 so its not a criticism of you personally! Anyway, here are the problems:
  • The recipe suggests using haricot beans soaked overnight instead of tinned baked beans. There are no instructions on how to cook them so if a novice cook added them at the same stage they would end up with an inedible dish.
  • The recipe doesn't mention that oil is required to cook the onions.
  • Item 5) doesn't make sense grammatically and doesn't mention how much milk to add.
  • There is no mention of how long you need to cook the dish!
This is not an easy dish for a novice cook unless all the ingredients come from a can or jar. In particular, making a white sauce can be quite tricky unless you have some practice. Given that this recipe is aimed at students who may not know how to cook... well, OK, I'll shut-up now! :D

Not sure what to say about this one. I like the idea of a bean lasagne. In fact, I often do something similar with beans or lentils. :) But... this is one of the worst written recipes I've ever seen. I know its not your own recipe @classic33 so its not a criticism of you personally! Anyway, here are the problems:
  • The recipe suggests using haricot beans soaked overnight instead of tinned baked beans. There are no instructions on how to cook them so if a novice cook added them at the same stage they would end up with an inedible dish.
  • The recipe doesn't mention that oil is required to cook the onions.
  • Item 5) doesn't make sense grammatically and doesn't mention how much milk to add.
  • There is no mention of how long you need to cook the dish!
This is not an easy dish for a novice cook unless all the ingredients come from a can or jar. In particular, making a white sauce can be quite tricky unless you have some practice. Given that this recipe is aimed at students who may not know how to cook... well, OK, I'll shut-up now! :D
Buy a jar of white sauce, cutting out step 5!

To be fair to Classic33 if you are a complete and total beginner then you would be better off just cooking the canned beans and adding to toast [as many students do] - I suspect this is a recipe more for the 'everyday' cook [maybe the lucky student-or anyone else really who has been taught the basics of cooking at home] who wants to try something different. My only query [NOT a criticism] is if you use canned beans then as they are usually done in tomato sauce and maybe it would be a little excessive on the tomato flavour ? - Perhaps not - have you tried this ?

I am not even reading the recipe. It's just messy (I like) and I suspect tasty. I always do what I feel like when it comes to most recipes and I did look after all. I am excluding the milk.

Back
Top Bottom