Recipe Baked brie and garlic

Rachele

Veteran
Local time
9:01 PM
This is a great supper dish, or an addition to your dinner table - it's a great centrepiece and makes for a wonderful talking point! Bake a whole Brie in the oven for about 30 minutes on a medium heat, or until it softens up. At the same time, cut two or three extra large garlic bulbs in half, wrap them in tinfoil and put them in the oven too to soften up. When both are almost done, pop some ciabatta into the oven to warm through. The idea is that you rub the softened garlic onto the ciabatta and then serve it with a slice of Brie on top. This is one of my staples if I am cooking for people, and it's absolutely delicous. Smoked garlic works even better than regular garlic if you can get hold of it

If you don't much like Brie you could use Camembert instead.

Mmmmmmmm! I can smell that garlic right through the monitor! I love both Brie and Camembert so I may have to force myself to make it both ways!

Mmmmmmmm! I can smell that garlic right through the monitor! I love both Brie and Camembert so I may have to force myself to make it both ways!

If you want to be really flash about it, serve it up on a piece of slate!

I finally had a chance to make this and it is heavenly! The brie and the garlic really go well together. I made some chips out of kale and they went really well with the brie and garlic.

Back
Top Bottom