Baked Cauliflower (like fries)

karadawn

Veteran
Local time
4:16 PM
I haven't checked into the nutritional value of these, but I can only imagine they are at least slightly better than starch-filled potatoes. Basically, there are like french fries in every way, right down to how they are cooked...

Break the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, and toss them in a mix of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Make sure each piece is coated, and spread them out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for an hour at 400*, turning them a few times to make sure every piece is cooked and crispy.

VERY yum and a kid favorite!

I will have to give this a try! I accidentally ordered two huge cauliflowers when I did my online shopping. I like to vary vegetables with meals so wouldn't normally use two cauliflowers straight away. I had been thinking about making a soup out of it but I might give this a try instead. I'm wondering if lightly spicing them with paprika or curry would give it an interesting twist? I like cauliflower bhaji as a side dish from the Indian takeaway and have made it at home so I know cauliflower does work well with some spices.

I love cauliflower! I have prepared it this way before and it is good. I love roasting the cauliflower in tin foil and added lots of garlic and parmesan.
I will have to give this a try! I accidentally ordered two huge cauliflowers when I did my online shopping. I like to vary vegetables with meals so wouldn't normally use two cauliflowers straight away. I had been thinking about making a soup out of it but I might give this a try instead. I'm wondering if lightly spicing them with paprika or curry would give it an interesting twist? I like cauliflower bhaji as a side dish from the Indian takeaway and have made it at home so I know cauliflower does work well with some spices.
I have roasted cauliflower is a medium curry before and I loved it. I strongly recommend trying it if you like those flavors!

I have read good things about roasted cauliflower and really have to try and cook it that way. Roasting it in the medium curry sounds wonderful.

It's been a while since I've had cauliflower but the thought of roasting it in curry sounds so good. I may have to add it to the shopping list this weekend.

I kept seeing recipes similar to this one all over Pinterest. I tried it and I was impressed with how simple and delicious it is to prepare, but also don't think it is that much like fries. It's a great alternative, but not very fry like in my opinion.

I haven't checked into the nutritional value of these, but I can only imagine they are at least slightly better than starch-filled potatoes. Basically, there are like french fries in every way, right down to how they are cooked...

Break the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, and toss them in a mix of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Make sure each piece is coated, and spread them out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for an hour at 400*, turning them a few times to make sure every piece is cooked and crispy.

VERY yum and a kid favorite!
I made some fried cauliflower a few weeks ago and They came out good. Next time I'll try the oven, it's a much healthier choice.

I love cauliflower except when it's raw. When it's roasted with a few spices, it's also good to put in a pasta or rice salad. Another idea is to use them as a layer on a pie instead of potatoes are they roast well with some butter or oil on top. I know it can be a windy vegetable, but I still see the nutritional benefits as greater.

Back
Top Bottom