Recipe Baked ham with honey mustard and apples

Local time
3:39 PM
This looks heavenly even though I don't believe we have any spiral cut hams around here. I am guessing I'd have to create my own and that looks like a mammoth undertaking. Still I love the way this looks 'granny smith apples' and all.
Take a look at the process here:
http://www.aspicyperspective.com/baked-ham-with-honey-mustard-and-apples/
baked-ham-with-honey-mustard-and-apples-8-600x830.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 8-10 pound spiral-cut smoked ham
  • 3 granny smith apples
  • 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (or substitute cinnamon)
Directions:
  1. To fit the standing ham in your oven, remove one oven rack and lower the other rack to the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set the spiral ham on top. Peel and core the apples, then slice into paper-thin rounds.
  2. Tuck the apple slices between the slices of ham, skipping a row here and there, and spacing them out all the way around the ham. Once the ham gets too full of apples to hold its shape, turn the ham flat-side-down.
  3. Whisk the mustards, honey, and cardamom together in a small bowl. Brush over the entire surface of the ham. Bake for 1 hour. Brush the pan juices over the ham, and bake for 1 more hour, until crispy on the outside. Brush the pan juices over the ham again before serving warm.

Honey mustard is my favorite glaze for ham but I have never stuffed ham with apples before. It does sound really good though. The next time I have ham I will have to try it this way. It looks so good! Ham is a favorite for sure!

"Bee" line, "honey", it all makes sense Cupcakechef. I always go for pineapple with my ham but the apples make an interesting twist I think. The flavours must be great and I would definitely go with the cinnamon.

Back
Top Bottom