1 green pepper, cleaned & sliced.
1 medium onion, sliced.
3 stalks celery, sliced.
2 tablespoons oil.
2 tablespoons butter.
2 - 3lbs ground beef.
3 cloves garlic, chopped.
3lbs sweet Italian sausages, sliced.
4 large cans tomato puree or pasta sauce.

Seasonings & herbs;
1-1/2 teaspoons each;
Salt, ground black pepper, garlic power, seasoned salt, 2 large bay leaves, celery seed or celery salt, oregano, basil, thyme & sugar (to tame tanginess).

3lbs shredded cheddar cheese.
3lbs shredded mozzarella cheese.
1/2 cup grated cheese.
10 lasagna noodles.

Preheat oven to about 350 degrees.

In large 7 or 8-qt stock pot, heat oil & butter over medium heat. Add sliced veggies. Sautee, stir & sweat until almost tender. Add ground beef & sliced Italian sausages. Cook until brown.

In same pot, add tomato puree or pasta sauce, grated cheese & seasonings. Stir everything together. let sauce come to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Let sauce slimmer slowly for about 3 - 5 hours until meat is very soft & tender. After the sauce is cooked, remove from heat and let it stand for a few minutes.

Fat & oil will rise to the top of sauce. With a ladle or big spoon, skim off as much fat as you can get off the top of sauce. Remove bay leaves from sauce. Adjust seasonings at this point, if need or desired.

In large roasting pan or lasagna pan, add enough sauce to cover the bottom of pan. Sprinkle on some of the shredded cheeses evenly over sauce. Lay the first layer of raw lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Repeat this process with the next layer of noodles & sauce with the sauce on top. Sprinkle shredded cheeses on top. Sprinkle 1 or 2 pinches of oregano on top. If you still have some sauce left over, you can also make a little pan of lasagna.

Bake in preheated oven for about 80 to 90 minutes. Place a sheet pan under the lasagna to catch any spills from sauce bubbling.
Serves about 8 - 12 people, depending on the portion size. Enjoy! :wink:
003.jpg
002.jpg

Last edited:
Om gosh this looks devine!! I love lasagna but I rarely make it because it is so time consuming.
However, I think that I may give this recipe a try because it seems simple enough and from the
pictures looks like it would be pretty tasty. Served with with a nice side salad and some cheesy
garlic bread!! Got me drooling!!

they look delicious!
but if I can say how actually lasagne alla bolognese is, there isn't any mozzarella or cheddar in/on it, but bechamel sauce and grated parmigiano reggiano :)

Attachments

• 20140323_123803.jpg
    20140323_123803.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 275
  • lasagne.jpg
    lasagne.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 297
Om gosh this looks devine!! I love lasagna but I rarely make it because it is so time consuming.
However, I think that I may give this recipe a try because it seems simple enough and from the
pictures looks like it would be pretty tasty. Served with with a nice side salad and some cheesy
garlic bread!! Got me drooling!!

Thanks!

I made an even BIGGER pan of it again last weekend over at the same friend's house!!
As of yesterday, there was STILL some of it left!! :wink:

Oh wow this looks delicious. I've been on the lookout for a good lasagna recipe and this looks like it might be it. I have a friend who puts pepperoni in her lasagna instead of the italian sausage. This is a pepperoni stick that you would cut up yourself so you actually have a bite and not the thinly cut stuff you probably wouldn't notice is there. It gave the lasagna a bit of a kick and it was really good.

Thanks, everyone!

A friend of mine made a pan of lasagna yesterday for a repass that she was having after her mom's funeral.

She puts too much of that bloody ricotta cheese into it to the point where it becomes overbearing!! I just couldn't and wouldn't eat it!! As a result of that, I don't use ricotta cheese any more. When I was, I was putting just one layer of it in the lasagna. She used several layers of it!!

She uses so much of it that you can't even taste the ground beef or whatever meat that she was using for it! So I will NOT be eating any more of hers because she can't make it like I'm used to having it. :headshake::stop::mad::(

Back
Top Bottom