Baking times with mini tins?

TheChefGoingHomeToday

Local time
2:57 PM
I've been given four of these mini loaf / cake tins. Does anyone have any advice on cooking times using these? I've seen some references online to reduce the cooking time by 25%, so for the Victoria sponge I made yesterday this would be 15 minutes instead of 20 minutes. These tins are 40mm deep, which is about the same as the 20cm tins I used for the sponge. With proteins like meat and fish, cooking times are about thickness, is this the same when using these mini tins or does the 25% apply? Does anyone have any tips about using mini tins like these?

20210314_075313.jpg

I have some similar to this. Yes 25% reduction in time is probably correct for mini cakes. I've not used them for savoury dishes if that's what you are asking.

medtran49 might be able to advise.

What are the other dimensions of the tins?

I don't really use a percentage, depends on what I'm cooking, whether it's something like a cake or bread or meatloaf or similar. The 25% does sound about right for cake/bread though. If it's something like meatloaf (that won't fall/deflate if not done) I usually start checking 20 minutes or so shy of cook time. Also depends on how much smaller than the size recipe calls for. I have 5 different sizes of loaf pans, from tiny 4 inch by about 2 inches up to a standard 9 inch by 5 inch. Heck, I don't even remember what I made in the tiny ones.

Back
Top Bottom