Ballpark Brand "Park's Finest" New Hotdogs

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
6:23 AM
There are a few new types of hotdogs by Ballpark, called "Parks Finest" (some pictures are at the link below, though that is not my site).

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2014/03/10/spotted-on-shelves-3102014/

I just had one of these this morning, and I'm not a spokesperson for them or anything like that, but these were really good! Apparently they were designed by Rachel Ray, and I gotta give her props on them, the one I had so far I was impressed with, though I haven't tried all the flavors yet.

They are a little longer than your traditional hot dog, and have a deeper dark red color. They supposedly don't contain any nitrates, so I am not sure how they are still able to maintain the red color of the meat, unless it is the spices causing that and not the blood in the meat. They also have a slightly more meat-like texture to them, they are not processed to be super smooth like a traditional hot dog.

The seasonings were good, though my mom felt they were a bit salty - personally I think every hot dog out there is salty so these weren't much different in that regard. The fat content is about the same as a regular hot dog, so it would have been nice to see them cut back a bit on the fat, but otherwise I will be buying these again.

I like the Ballpark brand, yes.

But I like about third. First for me is Nathans, then second Hebrew National, then Ballpark third.

It's that 'time of year' that I get hungry for dogs. I also like the brand Oscar Meyer's new Angus dogs as well as another of their 'natural's' . Natural's is in quotes simply to describe the kind they are selling. I don't think it's necessarily;y any more 'natural'. What made me try them was the word Angus as that is the meat I prefer when I can get it in other formats. And yes, these dogs are pretty tasty.

Okay so first of all, 100% beef hot dogs make me sick to my stomach so that's always been a no-go for me. Secondly, I grew up eating the 89 cent packages of Bar-S hotdogs (they were probably even worse for you back then) and I turned out just fine! I'm just a sucker for the "bad-for-you" if only because my stomach won't tolerate anything else. I give them to my child (i know. shock!) every once in awhile and he loves them just as much as I do.

I'm not trying to defend myself or get on a soapbox. I just have the firm belief that just because something is labeled "organic" doesn't mean its better for you. Everything in moderation has always been my philosophy and I am a very healthy person. Don't get me wrong, I would love to live off the land and grow my own vegetables. Until that's the case though, I will be buying the highest quality of food I can find that's still within my budget. And no matter what, I'll still be a sucker for the 99 cent hot dog. :)

I have not tried these but I have coupons for them and I want to try them. Thanks for the review of them. I will try to pick some up when I go to Walmart on my next shopping trip. I have been debating on whether to buy them or not because of the price and I had no idea if we would like them. Since you seem to like them we will give them a shot.

I find these very good.They can be a little more costly but i think it is worth it for the quality.

I haven't had them yet, I only eat hotdogs a few times a year and I never actually buy them. I got turned off of them many years ago but at a picnic a grilled one can be good! I have fond memories as a child of taking the subway in NYC with my dad and stopping at the Nathan's kiosk and having a hotdog with their orange soda.

Back
Top Bottom