Banana & Chocolate Cake

cooking-gorilla

Local time
4:48 PM
Hi everyone - I have a bread machine which I love... And I'd like to make a banana and chocolate cake (which I also love) in it. Can anybody point me in the direction of a decent recipe or suggest one for me. Banana and chocolate chip cake would be pretty amazing too!!

Hi everyone - I have a bread machine which I love... And I'd like to make a banana and chocolate cake (which I also love) in it. Can anybody point me in the direction of a decent recipe or suggest one for me. Banana and chocolate chip cake would be pretty amazing too!!

Are you meaning that you want to make the banana cake in your machine?

The re cope I use is from Mary Berry - well you can't go wrong there can you. I think you could add chocolate chips. But I don't have a bread maker recipe. Here is the Mary Berry recipe.

Mary Berry’s Banana Loaf (Taken from Mary Berry’s Baking Bible)

Ingredients

100g Softened Butter
175g Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
225g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tbsp. Milk

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / Fan 160C / Gas 4.
2. Lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin, then line the base and sides with baking parchment
3. Measure all ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat for about 2 minutes, until well blended
4. Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 1 hour, until well risen and golden brown. A fine skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean if the loaf is ready.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out, peel of the parchment and finish cooling on a wire rack.

Back
Top Bottom