Banana Ice Cream

DIna00

Veteran
Local time
12:02 AM
Has anyone made Banana ice cream, the new recipe out there where all you do is puree frozen bananas?

I tried to make it yesterday with my Magic Bullet and it was a huge fail. Finally found something the Magic Bullet can't do. It just would not process the banana at all. The tiniest bit got pureed, and it was amazing, that little bit did have the texture and taste of ice cream.

Have you tried this recipe at home?

I have seen the commerical but I have not tried to make the ice cream yet. Now I am curious, I will have to get some more bananas to try this recipe.

I have tried banana walnut ice cream. It is delicious and tasty. I sometimes add additional roasted peanuts and chocolate chips to add some flavors. Others add peanut butter to stimulate the taste.

i did a banoffe ice cream last November ,basic ice cream mix,sliced bananas on some cooked condensed milk,so its like a toffee,this also adds as a stabiliser so stops it freezing to hard,fold it all together ,individually mould or set in a terrine ,serve with a hazelnut and digestive crumb and chocolate sauce

Has anyone made Banana ice cream, the new recipe out there where all you do is puree frozen bananas?

I tried to make it yesterday with my Magic Bullet and it was a huge fail. Finally found something the Magic Bullet can't do. It just would not process the banana at all. The tiniest bit got pureed, and it was amazing, that little bit did have the texture and taste of ice cream.

Have you tried this recipe at home?
yes I have, I eat it all the time and my kids love it! I blend the frozen bananas up with other fruit like strawberries. Sometimes I add a little water to the blender, but it a very simple and quick way to eat ice cream. The riper the fruit the better. We don't even add any sugar to the mix.

Back
Top Bottom