Banana Juice - any ideas?

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
2:58 PM
IMG_0001.JPG

I recently found this in the International section of the supermarket last week. It really is delicious! For a fruit juice its pretty healthy too - just 5.3g of sugar per 100ml (apple juice has 11g, tomato juice just 3g).

I want to find a savoury recipe that uses it, but I'm struggling to find anything. An internet search just comes up with recipes for making banana juice (and relates smoothies), but no actual recipes that use it. I am thinking along the lines of a sweet and sour, maybe hot and sweet Caribbean type of dish. Does anyone have any ideas? If all else fails I will have to create something from scratch, maybe based on a recipe that uses pineapple juice.

This sounds horrible to me. :laugh: I'm not a fan of bananas although I will eat them with a bit of custard or just peeled. @Lullabelle posted about a banana chutney she had at a cheese tasting. How about including lime (to enter the Recipe Challenge) and using it to marinate something...?

This sounds horrible to me. :laugh: I'm not a fan of bananas although I will eat them with a bit of custard or just peeled. @Lullabelle posted about a banana chutney she had at a cheese tasting. How about including lime (to enter the Recipe Challenge) and using it to marinate something...?
Good idea. I was thinking of either shellfish or chicken in a hot/spicy but sweet sauce. Off to the drawing board...

View attachment 14727

I recently found this in the International section of the supermarket last week. It really is delicious! For a fruit juice its pretty healthy too - just 5.3g of sugar per 100ml (apple juice has 11g, tomato juice just 3g).

I want to find a savoury recipe that uses it, but I'm struggling to find anything. An internet search just comes up with recipes for making banana juice (and relates smoothies), but no actual recipes that use it. I am thinking along the lines of a sweet and sour, maybe hot and sweet Caribbean type of dish. Does anyone have any ideas? If all else fails I will have to create something from scratch, maybe based on a recipe that uses pineapple juice.

:eek::headshake:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom