Recipe BBQ Country Style Ribs

mjd

Veteran
Local time
10:07 AM
I like this recipe because I no longer have a house so no back porch or patio. Ribs falling off the bone delicious!

BBQ Country Style Ribs

PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 3 hours
TOTAL TIME 3 hours 15 minutes
SERVINGS 8 servings
AUTHOR Holly Nilsson: BBQ Country Style Ribs {Oven Baked} - Spend With Pennies

Perfect for when the weather doesn’t allow for outdoor grilling! These easy oven baked ribs are covered with a homemade rub and covered in a delicious barbecue sauce for the perfect entree.

Ingredients
4 pounds country style ribs
1 ½-2 cups BBQ sauce

Rib Rub
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar packed
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed
½ teaspoon black pepper

Instructions
Preheat oven to 250°F and place ribs on a rimmed baking sheet (I line with foil for easy cleanup).

In a small bowl whisk together rib rub ingredients.

Coat the ribs in the seasoning and cover tightly with foil. Cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the ribs just start to feel tender.

Remove from the oven and liberally baste the ribs with bbq sauce. Cook for another 45 mins to 1 hour uncovered until fork tender.

If desired, turn your oven onto the broil setting and let the bbq sauce on the ribs bubble and lightly brown.

Nutrition Information
Calories: 383.4, Carbohydrates: 24.59g, Protein: 29.27g, Fat: 18.08g, Saturated Fat: 3.57g, Cholesterol: 109.09mg, Sodium: 956.05mg, Potassium: 633.44mg, Fiber: 1.23g, Sugar: 19.44g, Vitamin A: 748.81IU, Vitamin C: 0.32mg, Calcium: 59.75mg, Iron: 2.18mg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how many forum members outside the US know what "Country Style Ribs" are. It is not a style of cooking, it is a cut of meat -- I believe from the shoulder. I've never cooked them, but they are always in the stores around here. I usually buy spare ribs, and trim them into Kansas City cut ribs, freezing the rib tips for other things.

CD

I wonder how many forum members outside the US know what "Country Style Ribs" are. It is not a style of cooking, it is a cut of meat -- I believe from the shoulder. I've never cooked them, but they are always in the stores around here. I usually buy spare ribs, and trim them into Kansas City cut ribs, freezing the rib tips for other things.

CD

I didn't know what type of cut it was.

...the original recipe has a link to cuts of pork ribs:

Cooking Tender, Fall off the Bone Pork Ribs - National Pork Board

That sounds right. I know Country Style Ribs don't have bones.

BTW, any good pitmaster will tell you that good ribs don't "fall off the bones." That's overcooked. They should have some pull, but come off of the bone leaving the bone clean. It is a tenuous balance. It took me a while to learn, but my ribs do that now.

Country Style Ribs are on my "to do" list. Someday.

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom