Recipe BBQ Pork Sliders

CraigC

Guru
Local time
6:39 AM
Recipe Courtesy of Chile Pepper Magazine.

Ingredients
For sliders
1 Pound ground pork
1/2 Cup Chopped onions
1 Jalapeno Minced
1 Tbsp hot yellow curry powder
S&P to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil

For Sauce
2 Tbsp gochujang
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
8 Slider buns
Apple slices for serving

Directions
1) Make sliders: Place the pork, onions, jalapeno, curry powder and a bit of S&P in a mixing bowl. Hand-mix, taking care not to over mix (if too wet, add 1-2 Tbsp dry bread crumbs.
2) Form the mixture into 8 patties about the same size as the buns.
3)Warm oil in a skillet over medium and cook sliders, about 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.

You know I'm gonna do these on the BGE! I have a planca (plan cha) for it.

4) Make the sauce by wisking all ingredients, except the apples and buns.
5) Serve sliders on buns topped with apple slices and BBQ sauce. Enjoy!:pepper:

Good! I'm not sure what 'hot yellow curry powder' is but I expect I can improvise! Raw apple on the slider? Is that unusual?

Apples and pork work well together. Beside it may help tone down the heat a bit. I'm making these for dinner this week and having an Asian pasta salad with the sliders.

I'm making these for dinner this week and having an Asian pasta salad with the sliders.
Please report on how it is. I am not so puzzled about the raw apple as I am about the apple slices. I can see apple shredded into a slaw with cabbage, but slices conjures something like this:

IMG_5438.jpg

The one time I had slices of apple on a sandwich out, they were very thin, much thinner than pictured. When I recreated the sandwich at home, I did slice them thicker and cooked them a little. I'm not sure which I prefer.

Well I ended up sauteing the apples. If I had used sweet apples instead of Granny Smith, I might not have. The burgers themselves weren't as spicy as I anticipated. The jalapeno wasn't very spicy and the hot curry powder wasn't very spicy either. The burgers and BBQ sauce need some adjustments. Maybe some Manzano or Serrano instead of the Jalapeno, more hot curry powder or some spicier chili powder. I might also use some sesame oil for sauteing, like I do for the meatballs for the Banh Mi sandwiches.

The jalapeno wasn't very spicy and the hot curry powder wasn't very spicy either.

Well I suppose it depends on the jalapeno - and on the curry powder. I was going to improvise a curry powder buy mixing turmeric, coriander, cumin, nutmeg and hot chilli powder.

Back
Top Bottom