5) Serrano Pepper - 1
6) Cayenne Hot Sauce - as required
7) Lime Juice - 3 Tbspns.
8) Red Pepper - as required
9) Water - as required

BedeviledEggs.jpg

Procedure:

1) Boil Water.
2) Place Eggs carefully into the boiling Water.
3) Boil for at least 15 minutes.
4) Remove the Eggs and allow to cool.
5) Remove the Eggshells.
6) Cut the Eggs in half lengthwise.
7) Remove the yolks and place in a mixing bowl.
8) Mince Dice the Pepper and Garlic and add to mixing bowl.
9) Add Cream Cheese, Lime Juice and Hot Sauce to the mix bowl.
10) Mash and mix the contents well.
11) Thin with Water as necessary.
11) Spoon the mixture into the Egg halves.
12) Dust with Red Pepper.
13) Top with Sun Dried Tomato.
14) Serve.

This was my first try at Deviled Eggs and it got a bit sloppy. Of four Eggs, I broke half of one of them and I got a bit clumsy putting things together. It turned out to be a good bite though.

The frozen Peach slices were to try and salvage photographing these puppies. Tasted OK for after the fact.

The jar of Sun Dried Tomato I bought appears to be Sun Burnt - doesn't it? Well, it's all gone and in the future, I'll have to take a closer look at what I am buying. I've had no problems with the brand before.

The mathematician in me wondered why there were three eggs in the photo. LOL

I don't care for sun-dried tomatoes. I like deviled eggs though so I might try it without them. Thanks for posting.

If you do use Sun Dried Tomato, make sure you don't get a jar of Sun Burnt Tomato. :whistling:

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
Mine just get;

Yolks.
Mustard.
Worcestershire sauce.
Very finely chopped onion.
Paprika sprinkled on top.

One time a few of us got drunk and made a bunch and then stuck whatever in them. Some were quite good, others not so much.

T

When I do the bring the water just covering the eggs just to a boil in a covered pan, pull off heat and let sit method, I usually only let them sit for 10-11 minutes for HB eggs I'm going to devil or use to make egg salad.

I'll use sour cream or or mayo or sour cream and mayo with a bit of mustard or horseradish, maybe some finely chopped sweet onion or green onion/scallions., sometimes some finely chopped crispy bacon, Just depends on what I feel like at the moment.

I saw a recipe where this southern woman, can't remember her name, but she's a lady that lunches type and is sometimes a guest on interactive hosted cooking shows, uses softened butter as part of her yolk mixture. I haven't tried it yet, but they seemed to go over well in the dinner that was made.

Personally, I prefer not to have a green ring.

Anyway, another thing you can do is use an extra egg-half or 1 whole or 2 or 3 depending on how many you make and mix that whole egg in with your yolks. Makes for abundant generous filling.

flyinglentris , those tomatoes look like they were left in a dehydrator too long. You sure they are really sun dried? I ask because I make dehydrated tomatoes in the oven and have let them get a little crispy critter-ery on me from time to time because I forgot them. mjd, you should try and make a small batch of the oven dried. They are great and spices can be customized. I don't like sun dried or commercial dehydrated either. They are too hard and leathery. Mine aren't.

Last edited:
You want them really done, almost dry i n a way.; The moisture mostly comes from the rest of the stuff.

At least that's my take on it.

T
I don't favour the grey/green skin on the yolk.

8 minutes if it is to be served sliced, 7 minutes if it is halved and 6 if it goes into a ramen or the yolk helps lubricate a salad.

Back
Top Bottom