Beef sausages

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:49 PM
Wife asked a meat wholesaler for some beef sausages, only to be told they only have gluten free sausages, she was confused so didn't buy them. Really???? A meat seller with no plain beef sausys?? She asked why no plain beef, only to be told no one asks for beef sausys anymore, wth? This place is a big outfit so I was shocked. As an aside we won a tray of meat at our local working men's club tonight, with......... Plain beef sausys, I'm happy. I'm not a fan of pork sausys.

Russ

Traditionally, sausages in the UK have some kind of filler added - cereal or bread. More recently there has been more of a trend for high meat content sausages (both pork and beef). Strangely enough I personally prefer a banger with some filler added.

Strangely enough I personally prefer a banger with some filler added.
Me too - I think because the breadcrumbs absorb some of the fat/flavour from the meat so they taste better. Probably also improves the texture too.

I don't make my own sausages, but I always add breadcrumbs to my homemade meatballs for the same reason.

Me too - I think because the breadcrumbs absorb some of the fat/flavour from the meat so they taste better. Probably also improves the texture too.

I don't make my own sausages, but I always add breadcrumbs to my homemade meatballs for the same reason.

I add fresh bread crumbs that have been moistened with milk in my Italian-American meatballs. Hebrew National makes an all beef salami which is great. All beef hotdogs as well.

Back
Top Bottom