Recipe Beef with pineapple juice and 7-up

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
9:34 AM
This may look new to you because I admit that this recipe is our original. We actually inherited this from my mother-in-law who was a good cook.

Ingredients: beef (a kilo at least), 7-up regular bottle, pineapple juice 2 glasses, onion 3 pieces, garlic 1/2 clove, ginger, potato 2 pieces, carrots 2 pieces, soy sauce 2 tablespoon

Procedure: Tenderize the beef into the mixture of pineapple juice and 7-up in the pressure cooker. In a pan, sautee the garlic until brown before adding the sliced onions and crushed ginger. When partially cooked, add the soy sauce and boil for 1 minute before adding a cup of broth from the pressure cooker. Let it boil in the pan. Add more broth as it evaporates. You will notice the broth to turn sticky. Mix the beef plus the sliced potatoes. After a minute, add the sliced carrots and cook until tender.

Best served with steamed rice.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like it would be quite sweet and sticky. I like the flavour combinations. I am surprised that it is served with rice when there is already potatoes s in the dish. I think it would be good like that without the rice. Thanks for.sharing. I enjoy reading all these family recipes.that are unique to each family.

That sounds good Corzhens! It sounds something like a sweet and sour dish, but certainly more sweet than sour. I don't use a pressure cooker though. I am certain I would somehow manage to either blow myself or something else up.

So I am the only one who's a little iffy on these combinations? I think it might be because I am not used to sodas in my cooking because when it comes to pineapples the flavours must be all right.

So I am the only one who's a little iffy on these combinations? I think it might be because I am not used to sodas in my cooking because when it comes to pineapples the flavours must be all right.

No worries on that. I was also like that when I heard of it. My eyebrows were raised as if saying, what the... And then when I had tasted it, gee, it's really nice. In fact, it is one of my favorites. And would you believe how we call that dish? Lutong Usa that is translated as venison dish, luto is cook and usa is deer meat. That's actually my mother-in-law's recipe for the deer meat the my father-in-law would bring home from his hunting trip. And when the hunting became prohibited, she was using beef in place of venison.

I am glad you like it Cozhens and that it's an original. It's interesting it would end with USA though. Perhaps by bringing it here it might make it's way to the US as your mother-in-law's original recipe.

Back
Top Bottom