Beer From The Bottle/Can

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
10:14 PM
Ok, beer drinkers...do you ever drink beer straight from the bottle or can, or do you insist on a glass every single time?

Me, I'm a from-the-glass drinker, can't remember when I last had a beer straight from the bottle or can. I always felt like a gulping baby, trying to drink from the bottle.

Locally, if you're at an upscale bar or craft brewer's tap house, you're going to get a glass, and most likely, the "right" glass for the style of beer you're drinking.

At dive bars, glasses are for draft beer, and if you ask for a glass with your bottle of beer, you're going to get some stares. Needless to say, I've had more than my fair share of stares. :)

I don't like beer from a can, but I'm okay with a bottle. An ice-cold longneck works fine on a hot day.

CD

I like to use the proper glass as much as I can. I usually drink belgian beers and use that type of glass. If lager, I'm ok with can or glass.

No cans here. I will drink from the bottle if draft isn't available. I like beer ice cold and pouring it from a bottle to a glass can lose some of that coldness, even if the glass is right out of the freezer.

I have Pilsner glasses if I'm being snooty? I like tuatara brand Pilsner. But everyday I drink kingfisher lager from the bottle in summer, in a glass during winter.

Russ

Long neck - ice cold. Otherwise, if I have a beer, it is in a glass over ice. Yea..a beer connoisseur I am NOT. Coors Light and Bud Light Lime are my "go to" beers so I probably shouldn't even be commenting 😜😂

Back
Top Bottom