Beer

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
2:06 AM
Keep in mind that I am not a recreational beer drinker, but like wine, I can enjoy a good flavored beer with food, at times.

I had been trying to find good German beers at local grocery stores, but no stores in the area seem to carry even the poorer German beers. It was really getting frustrating and I finally found a place, local, that would ship for just $4.99 USD and had reasonable pricing on their German beer products, - and good quality German beers at that. However, they were 'out of stock' on the Ayinger Maerzen, which I really wanted some. I can get some, but with a $14.99 USD shipping charge from Southern California. It'll have to wait. Octoberfest is still a couple months away.

I was able to get a good hefeweisse and a good doppelbock, but the place I ordered from would only ship a minimum order of about $30 USD. So, I have beer to last for months to come, - as I don't drink beer or wine for that matter, as a regular habit or need to.

full.jpg

The Bavarian Wehenstephaner hefe weissbier is touted as the best or one of the best hefeweisses available. I have never tried it before, so I have great expectations.

full.jpg

The Ayinger Celebrator doppelbock is a beer that I have had before. I like dark beers and this is one that agrees with me for a good flavored beer, even with a burger and fries. To make that $30 minimum order, I got two 4-packs.

Here's a link (care of Drizly) to that Ayinger Maerzen that I want to get by Octoberfest ...

ci-ayinger-oktober-fest-marzen-cdce7c281135307f.jpg

I like all those beers, and I can get them locally at several places, all no more than 45 minutes away.

I like all those beers, and I can get them locally at several places, all no more than 45 minutes away.

It seems that the Ayinger Maerzen has passed beyond its seasonal availability and won't be available in most places around here until the next brew cycle.

Among the dark beers I like that are not from Germany, are Guiness Stout, Modello Negra and New Castle Brown Ale.

I am sure that there are plenty of micro brewery dark beers that I have never heard of, let alone tried, that would I would probably enjoy better than these three I mention, which are well known and very available. I did a brief google for best dark beers and the lists included all micro brews which I never heard of before.

A sample of all the beers I have in the fridge:

Beer choices around here are prett- hey! Perry! Get the hell out of there! You're not a beer!

Sorry about that, folks. Those damn ciders are always misbehaving. :headshake:

Back
Top Bottom