Benefits of Eating Avocado

zararian

Veteran
Local time
5:40 AM
Avocado decreases harmful cholesterol of the consumer and increases the amount of helpful cholesterol in the body. It is discovered to have a natural antibacterial component. It has 60% more potassium compared to bananas. Avocados are also rich in B vitamins that are used to treat anxiety problems and have therapeutic effects. The fruit is also rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin K and have a high fiber content. It is very advisable to consume avocados as much as possible to be able to avoid fatigue problems and be able to effectively control weight gains.

I used to really dislike Avocado because it wasn't a sweet fruit and the purple veins that it sometimes had looked creepy and alien to me, but now it's one of my very favorite fruits!

It's smooth, creamy, and versatile--it can be savory (guacamole, or sliced into a salmon or tuna sandwich or salad), or sweet (milkshakes, freezer cakes).

I don't eat them as often as I should, but I do like eating avocados. Usually I just cut one in half and remove the stone. Then I can eat it with a spoon. I may add a few shakes of chilli sauce, worcestershire sauce or cider vinegar first.

Eating avocado is good because it has lots of good nutrients like it contains more potassium than bananas, loaded with fiber, and can lower the cholesterol and triglyceride
level.

Yes !but I can eat bananas with out the feeling of eating a lump of soft , well you know what I'm talking about, it's not the easiest on the palate , but the health compensation would be valid I presume your consumption would have to be high

Yes !but I can eat bananas with out the feeling of eating a lump of soft , well you know what I'm talking about, it's not the easiest on the palate , but the health compensation would be valid I presume your consumption would have to be high
I reckon avocados need an acidic or salty accompaniment to be palatable. Balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, crispy bacon all work. Seafood is good with them too. I simply can't eat them as they come. There is also an unfortunate (to my mind) trend for using them in desserts. Babies like them as a weaning food. That may say it all!

I love avocadoes. I only wish I cooked with them more. I really liked them sliced on a shrimp salad sandwich or on most sandwiches. I love guacamole and avocadoes add so much to a salad. My kids are not so fussy on them so I don't buy them too often, I can't seem to use them up and they go off. Avocadoes can take on the flavours of the dish so I really like cilantro so I try and make sure I have some on hand to add to the avocadoes.

I always have avacados ripening up on my sideboard and usually one in clingfilm open in the fridge. I have of recent taken to using them instead of margarine on my lunch sandwiches. I slice them thinly then mash them onto the bread as a butter substitute then put my pâté on top of that. It works really well and saves me from the dairy free margarine which I'm not that keen on if I'm honest. I'm quite happy to cook with the dairy free margarine but actually consuming it on sandwiches is something I'm not that keen on at the moment (it's a taste problem).

Avocado is one of my favorite fruits. However, when I had this hypertension, my doctor advised me against eating avocado because it has a good load of cholesterol. So I guess it doesn't matter if it is the good or bad cholesterol. But sometimes I cannot help myself when I see ripe avocados cut in half and wrapped in thin cellophane in the grocery. It is very tempting so I just get 2 pieces and a can of evaporated milk. At home, that would be a good mix together with sugar.

Avocado is one of my favorite fruits. However, when I had this hypertension, my doctor advised me against eating avocado because it has a good load of cholesterol. So I guess it doesn't matter if it is the good or bad cholesterol. But sometimes I cannot help myself when I see ripe avocados cut in half and wrapped in thin cellophane in the grocery. It is very tempting so I just get 2 pieces and a can of evaporated milk. At home, that would be a good mix together with sugar.
Don't know where your Doctor got that idea from. They have zero cholesterol and can even help reduce cholesterol!
http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/news/20150108/avocado-ldl-bad-cholesterol
So perhaps s/he should have told you to eat more avocado!
However, they are extremely high in fat (hence their high calorie count).

Most people use avocados for guacamole, in their salads or as an alternative to mayonnaise to make sandwiches creamier. For me though, I like my avocados sweetened. I scoop out the meat and mix it with sweetened condensed milk. It's a deadly combination but I love it. I either eat it right away or sometimes, I chill it first inside the fridge. Yum! :okay:.

I love avocado and it is a versatile food. My favorite way to eat it is in sandwiches or sliced on the side, I also like a Mexican baked fish that is topped with sliced avocado This is one of my favorite dishes and one that I use avocados for religiously. It make a great guacamole as well.

When I saw the thread I went to immediately call my mother. She has the avocado ( we call it pear) trees. I've had only one for the season that a friend dropped off for me. It was delicious although we had to wait some time for it to ripen. I just want to have it next to food whatever I am eating. Because Sunday is a big food day most want theirs for their Sunday meal. Now I have said all that, I will look further into this health question.

Most people use avocados for guacamole, in their salads or as an alternative to mayonnaise to make sandwiches creamier. For me though, I like my avocados sweetened. I scoop out the meat and mix it with sweetened condensed milk. It's a deadly combination but I love it. I either eat it right away or sometimes, I chill it first inside the fridge. Yum! :okay:.
Oh dear... this makes me feel queasy! :sick:

Back
Top Bottom