Best all-purpose blender? Vitamix A3500 or Blendtec 650S?

jordant

Local time
4:25 AM
Hello,

I am looking for a blender that can do - nut butters, spice powders, batters (dosa/idly etc), curry pastes, flours (wheat/rice/millets etc), and smoothies. I won't be crushing ice or making ice creams. I won't be using it to grind coffee either.

Both Vitamix and Blendtec have similar features and warranty. My goal is to get a best performance blender irrespective of features. I guess the biggest difference comes to jar design, sharpness of the blades (Vitamix is sharp and Blendtec is dull).

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks.

As someone who tried for years to manage without a Vitamix and now has the A3500i with additional sized blending jugs, I can honestly say that you'll not regret buying one. My only regret is that I didn't get one sooner.

20230201_101845.jpg

Some of what you mention, you'll benefit from the smaller jugs as well. Nut butters or smaller quantities definitely work better in the smaller jugs. There's been a bit of a learning curve. I use mine to make dairy free cheeses in a well. The large (2L) jug is simply too large for things like nut butters. I don't use it for coffee beans or spices. Not sure why on the latter but I've always had a coffee grinder and a separate (but identical to the coffee bean grinder) spice grinder. Mine is in use every other day at least, so has a permanent space on the kitchen counter.

I used to get by with another make, one of the cheaper ones that claims to be as good. It wasn't and the results from it where nowhere near as good as the Vitamix. I'm not familiar with Blendtec, but I will say you won't regret getting a Vitamix. They are definitely worth every cent/penny.

Edit: Blendtec were sold off last year to another company.
Blendtec - Wikipedia

Vitamix A2300 Blender..jpg

For many years, since the early '70's, I've been wanting to get a Vitamix blender! But trying to get one has been constantly put off!! Last year, my interests for a Vitamix machine were stirred up again. The question became which one to get. I had for a while considered getting the Vitamix Explorian blender, but it doesn't have auto shutoff at all. Then I thought about the lowest priced machine of the Assent series, the A-2300. While it is still lacking some of the features of the A-3500 & others in the series, I decided to get it anyway!! I couldn't be happier!! It is everything that I dreamed of! And it DOES feature auto shutoff with all of the cycles! I was so tired of buying cheap & flimsy no-name units that would break in about two years or so!! So far, I've made cold smoothies, hot soups & juices with it. It really makes short time of work in the kitchen! It even has a kill switch on the side to completely shut off power to the unit when you're done! Everything that you could want without all the frills!!!! So far, I've bought the optional tamper holder so that I can put the tamper there when not in use. Also, I intend to buy the optional stainless steel container for it. On Board Bluetooth design senses the size of the containers that you're using so that the machine does the figuring for you on how long or short of the time to blend. :whistling:
005.JPG

Last edited:
I bought the Vitamix A3500 and love the thing. I like to do nut butters and grind fresh spices and this will accomplish that easily. Build quality is very solid as well and cleanup is a snap.

Like a Kitchenaid mixer the Vitamix if really versatile. I have the spice containers, smoothie and the food processor attachment which all get a good amount of use and work well. In fact last night I used the food processor attachment to make some homemade breadcrumbs.

The onboard Bluetooth is nice as well, as you place different attachments on it recognizes what it is and adjusts accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom